|Real Estate Information|
How to Become a Successful Real Estate Developer
Real estate investment and development has never been a more popular pastime or career changing challenge; if you would like to learn seven secrets for consistently successful real estate investing through development or you would like to know how you can continue to profit from property even if the market takes a downward turn just read on?
1) Do Your Location Homework - did you know that through successful and sustained location research professional property investors actually continue to profit during a market down turn? It's true - whatever the market conditions you can apply their location research approach to your real estate investments and also make consistent profits from property.
Take the necessary time to learn all about a town or city you're considering for your next property development purchase and discover where the up and coming areas of that town are likely to be. If there are inner-city redevelopment projects planned examine the real estate market in the immediate vicinity, if there are areas that are booming right now examine the immediate neighbouring areas for their potential for future prices rises for example.
Don't follow the crowd - have the confidence to buck the trend and get ahead of the curve by positioning yourself in a market that is about to boom rather than in one that has already blossomed.
2) Know What You Can Afford - While it can pay to sometimes speculate never be tempted to jeopardise your own home. Work out your finances and be ruthlessly strict about what you can and cannot afford as a down payment, for mortgage costs and for the renovation and redevelopment of your next real estate investment. Only proceed within the confines of your tightly allocated budget and do not be tempted to over extend yourself particularly if competition in the property market is tough and the market is slow or stagnant.
3) Identify Your Target Market - Having identified your next location for property investment identify the types of people who buy into renovated properties in that location. Know who your target market are going to be and what they are likely to look for in a property in that location. If for example you're examining inner-city spaces you might identify that your buyers will be young single professionals and that the ideal property type for these people will be luxury low maintenance apartments - seek out suitable properties with the potential for redevelopment into luxury low maintenance apartments and you will fulfil your target market's brief?seek out large houses with substantial gardens in the area and you will have totally missed the market and potentially created a property that will not sell!
4) Renovation Not Rebuild - Know your budget limits and your personal skill restrictions. Do not consider taking on a property that is in need of a complete structural overhaul when your budget is tight or you do not personally have the time, skills or inclination to do the structural work yourself. Be realistic about what you and your budget can achieve and seek properties that fulfil that brief. Pay to have an independent and complete survey done on any property you are seriously considering buying before making a down payment to ensure that there are no hidden surprises waiting for you beneath the floorboards to eat up your budget in its entirety.
5) Manage Your Budget - With your survey in hand you can approach builders for quotations and seek out prices for fixtures, fittings, finishings and furnishings. Take the prices quoted and sourced and build your budget. Factor in ongoing mortgage and service costs and labour costs as well as your findings and structure and allocate your money accordingly. Watch every single spend and be ruthlessly strict with yourself and your builder. If at all possible have your builder commit to a contract with fixed finish dates and fees and stay on top of every single penny or cent every single day. At the end of each week tally up your outgoings and expenditure and ensure you're not exceeding your budget. If you're overspending rein it in or you will have to shave it off other areas of the development. Remember never to scrimp and save on finishing touches and always give yourself a realistic fall back fund in case of emergencies.
6) Appeal To The Widest Market - Forget putting your personal stamp on any property you develop - YOU are not going to be living in the property! You should already have identified your target market which will give you a good idea of the level and quality of finish expected, now meet those expectations without adding your own personal taste into the equation. By appealing to the widest market or the lowest common denominator your property will be attractive to the majority of buyers making it faster and easier to sell on and profit from.
7) Make Friends With A Real Estate Agent - Your greatest ally when developing property will be your real estate agent. Make friends with these guys and you will build a beautiful and successful symbiotic relationship in which you both profit to the maximum! Real estate agents are a fountain of untapped knowledge about the local market, who is looking for what property in which area, which additional features cost little to add but which push up the asking price and what a buyer expects from your particular property type. Get the facts from your real estate agent and then apply their advice. You will create a property they can market for top dollar and to the widest market - you will make more profit and they will make a bigger commission ensuring a beautiful and lasting friendship!
Finally, remember that when you've bought, renovated and sold on you'll be looking for that next property opportunity and any real estate agent who you've worked well with will be on the hunt for suitable real estate for your next investment making any subsequent purchases that much easier to source.
Rhiannon Williamson is a freelance writer whose many articles about international property and investing in real estate abroad have appeared in publications around the world. Visit this link to read her latest articles about Property in Dubai
Boston Real Estate - Interest Rates and Inventory Must be Analyzed when Selling Your Boston Home
When selling your Boston home, it's good practice to be aware of what similar homes in your neighborhood have recently sold for. Recent comparable sales are not only what a good Boston real estate agent should use for guidance when pricing your home, but also what a bank appraiser will use if and when your buyer applies for a mortgage to buy your home.
Dealing With Difficult Tenants
When managing residential properties one bad tenant can often undo the good work that one hundred excellent ones may have achieved. A bad tenant is a bad tenant regardless of whether they are in the West Riding, Western Australia, Westchester, Wanganui or the Western Isles.
Renting a House
Renting a house or a room in your home is a great business that millions of people take advantage of to make some extra cash. While many people rent houses each year, not all of them are successful.
Zero Down Real Estate Investing
Zero down? Why would a seller want to walk away from closing with nothing? Well, they wouldn't, and that brings up the most important point about real estate investing with no downpayment: The seller almost always needs cash at closing, but it doesn't have to be YOUR cash.A Zero Down ExampleI'm selling a small rental property right now, with payments of $400/month.
Dealing With Dual Real Estate Agents
Historically, real estate agents have represented the seller of a property. The seller, after all, is usually the one who pays their commission, and agents therefore have a fiduciary relationship with the seller.
Investing in Real Estate Like a Stock
A REAL ESTATE STOCK PLANGetting out of the bleachers and into the game!This report is going to explain or attempt to give the stock market investors a basic one-on-one interview with a real estate portfolio manager who has consistently made a profit on 100% of the investment products that were actively chosen and managed. Never a loss, always tax advantaged and sheltered.
Buying Houses: Types of Bargains to Find
To make a good profit in real estate, you must buy right. Check out all property types available to find the best transaction for your specific situation.
Grab Your Dream UK Home On The Cheap - Property Auctions
Did you know that every year thousands of UK properties are sold at significantly below market value? The majority of these properties are released through property auctions where regular savings of between 10% to 40% are available to market value. Even so, property auctions continue to be used only by the elite and for the astute buyer/investor this generates a fantastic opportunity to secure a dream home/good investment at bargain basement prices.
Grab Quick Profits As Real Estate Prices Soar
Real estate values rise and fall in cycles. Currently home prices are nearing a top in many areas.
Vegas: The New Frontier
Unless you have been living in Siberia, you know that Real Estate is on fire in many places around the country. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find a city where this was not the case.
Property Investment: Spoiled for Choice in Europes Emerging Markets
You could be forgiven for thinking that property is the new dot.tk.
Buying Property in Spain - How to Avoid Paying over the Odds
Spain has a lot to offer Northern Europeans and until recently there was a marked difference between the price in their home country and a similar Spanish property. However many buyers have found to their cost that they paid way over the odds.
Real Estate Investing - House Problems
Houses can have lots of problemsReal estate investing requires expertise in recognizing these problems and the costs for repair.Sometimes you stumble onto a jewel investment by discovering a house where mom was an excellent housekeeper, and all that's necessary is minor cleanup of the premises to prepare for selling.
How to Sell Your House by Lease Options
Many people buy a house then have to move within a few years, due to divorce, relocation or financial difficulties. Without any equity though, it can be nearly impossible to find buyers and you still have realtor fees to contend with.
7 Marketing Methods for Real Estate Coaches
You shower, shampoo, dress your best, check to see if you have plenty of business cards, drive about an hour, introduce yourself by saying "Hi, I'm Mary and I'm a coach" and the other person says, "Hi, I'm Jack and I'm a coach, too!". You meet more coaches than you knew existed.
As sure as the spring flows at the Fountain of Youth, a home inspection provides a stream of knowledge to wash away the fears of homebuyers. But fear may be replaced by frustration if the wrong inspector is chosen!Should Tradesmen be Home Inspectors? There are some who say that the best home inspection is an inspection where all the trades are represented by a tradesperson from each specialty.
How to Build Your Dream Home
Building your dream home is a process that takes some individuals a lifetime. Hardly anyone knows early in life what exactly constitutes "dream home" in her eyes.
Selling Houses Fast: Basics of Design & Color Psychology
Fixing up houses to ready them for sale includes a design plan for needed changes. Save money on transformation costs by choosing design details right the first time.
How to Decrease the Value of Your Own House
Owning a house is part of the American Dream. Depending on where you live in the US - home ownership can be around 70%.
How to Find the Sweet Spot in Real Estate Investing
Psssssssssst, Want to know a great way to make FAST money in real estate? Listen closely now because this tip is definitely cashable..
|home | site map|