|Real Estate Information|
Ten Big Mistakes That Will Lose That Property Sale
If you are serious about selling your home, you probably go to a huge amount of effort when you show potential buyers around your property. You clean the bathroom until it sparkles; vacuum the carpet; brew coffee or bake bread; maybe you even banish the kids to their grandparents, but did you make one of these Ten Big Mistakes that can lose the sale - but are so easy to avoid.
1) You forgot the outside: While you were busy cleaning the inside you didn't notice that the lawn needed a mow, that the pots and hanging baskets were wilting or that the wind had blown litter onto your drive. Get outside and look at the first impression your buyers will get of your house.
2) You forgot the outbuildings: You swept the path and weeded the garden, but you forgot that the garage was full of junk and the garden shed was cobweb city. These go with the house and they could be a deal-breaker.
3) You tidied up - but filled the cupboards to bursting: Buyers want to know how much storage the property has, so make sure that any built in-storage such as cupboards, wardrobes or closets are empty enough for buyers to gauge the size. If it is supposed to be a walk in wardrobe, there must be room to walk inside it.
4) You didn't notice the aroma of your house: If you have animals your house will probably smell of them. You don't notice it, but your potential buyers will. Don't cook spicy or garlic laden meals shortly before a viewing, and avoid deep fried food or takeaways. Also remember that air fresheners smell cheap and synthetic, look like you are trying to hide something and many people are allergic to them. If your house makes someone sneeze, they won't buy it.
5) You still had your scruffy clothes on when your visitors arrived: To make the best impression on the potential buyer you want yourself to look good too, so remember to change out of your muddy gardening clothes before they arrive. You don't have to wear a suit like the estate agent, but you should look clean and neat.
6) You didn't do your homework (1): Buyers want to know about the area. What are the local schools like? How close is the railway station? How much are the local taxes?
7) You didn't do your homework (2): You need to have good answers to crucial questions so that they roll off the tongue with ease - especially if they are not completely accurate. 'Why are you moving?' and 'What are the neighbours like?' are the two that you must have good positive answers to.
8) You left pest control items visible: If you use mousetraps, poisons, ant powder etc, even if they are just a precaution, hide them from your viewers. They won't buy a property that appears to have an infestation.
9) The same goes for a dehumidifier: They won't buy a house that appears to be damp either.
10) You let your mouth run away with you: I once viewed a house where the rather chatty owner mentioned that she had recently had an attempted break-in by an ex-boyfriend. Funnily enough we didn't make an offer on that one.
Jacqui O'Brien is the owner of ahomeofmyown.co.uk, the directory of UK Private Seller (FSBO) property websites where you can also list your own home webpage for free.
Fixer Uppers: Dont Make This Mistake
Making money with "fixer-uppers" isn't about repairing drywall or planting flowers. It's about using the right approach from the start.
Real Estate for Beginners: Residential Property Taxes
Whenever you own a piece of land, you will be taxed for it. Whether it is commercial property or residential property, there is still a tax to pay, whether it is for a village, town, city, county, or state.
What is a Loft Apartment?
What is a loft apartment? At the most basic level a loft apartment differs from a regular apartment because of the open layout. Lofts are open floor plans with few if any walls separating the living, dining, living and sleeping areas.
Real Estate Investing - The First House Purchase
Real estate investing usually begins with the purchase of a house, rather than raw land or commercial property. The purchase of a relatively inexpensive house for rental or fix-up purpose is usually lower risk than any other type of real estate investment.
Property Investing Secrets 3
Property Investing Secrets: When you Make Property Easy to Buy for People Using Vendor Finance It Is Easy To SellWhen property investing, my goal is to make it easy for people to buy my properties, that's why I offer vendor finance. You have the advantage when you buy properties from sellers when property investing.
How To Get Top Dollar For Your Home - Fast
1. Time is money when selling your homeAfter you've made the decision to sell your home, the longer it remains unsold on the market, the more it costs you.
Getting Ready to Sell Your Property
We all have had the experience of someone important coming to the house and whether the visitor is an in-law, an old friend, or business associate you know the drill: Have the house in "show" condition.For investors the situation is much the same: First impressions count!!!! Even though you may not be able to tell a book by its cover, you'll probably pay more for a book if the cover is inviting, and attractive.
Real Estate Development Feasibility Study (Income) - $1.2 Billion Developer Tells You How To Do One
There are two sides to a feasibility study and in an earlier article I discussed the cost side of the format and:Now Let's Discuss The Income SideWithout the Sales Income, All You've Done Is Spend Money, And Anyone Can Do That.So that we are clear in what I am going to define for you, let me say that there are two forms of Income.
The New First Impression in Home Selling
As an ASP Home StagerŪ I know how important curb appeal can be in making that critical first impression when selling your home. However, with the growth of real estate advertising over the web, there is another first impression that you should consider when marketing your property.
Housing Bubbles and You
Are we in a housing bubble? To answer that question first we need to understand what a housing bubble actually is. A housing bubble is what happens when the there is a significant rise in the market that is mostly due to the expectation that the prices will continue to rise.
Apartment Loan 101
So you're interested in going into business as a property manager? Have you given any thought yet to you'll enter this potentially profitable market? Reality check-unless you've just inherited a large sum of money from a relative or are otherwise independently wealthy you're going to find someone to borrow from. This is where an apartment loan comes in.
Make Money With Room Rentals
I don't know why I didn't do it sooner, but one day many years ago, I decided to try renting rooms in my home. I was young and single, and had a nice mobile home on small piece of property.
Real Estate Bubble: Fact or Fiction?
The real estate market buzz across the country these days revolves around the anticipated and much feared "bubble". The implication is that once burst, prices will spiral downward taking with them the major assets of those foolish enough to buy at a time when disaster looms large.
Take The Guess Work Out Of Your Wholesale Property Purchases
We have become very concerned by the number of readers writing to us asking how to determine which are the wholesalers(*) that can be trusted. Why are we concerned? Because when we dig a little deeper, we realize that they are buying properties based solely on the recommendation of the wholesaler.
Home Buying: Things To Keep In Mind
So you've decided you want to own a home and now you want to begin your search for one. Before jumping into a home search, there are a few things you should keep in mind when going about buying a home.
Young Couple Buys Ranch with Government Money
Kirk and Tina Sczepanik had a dream. They wanted a ranch of their own.
Cape Coral Realtor
As the second largest city geographically in Florida, this beautiful southwestern attraction is located on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River. It also lies between the Gulf of Mexico and part of the Intracoastal Waterway.
Home Buying Checklist - Windows
If you are in the market to purchase a home, it can be easy to fall in love at first sight. Do so at your own risk.
Buyers Closing Cost
Buyers, borrower, closing costs can be divided into two categories. Nonrecurring closing cost and recurring closing cost.
The Letting Agents Role
Letting agents play an important role in the buy-to-let industry and a good agent can help make or break your lettings experience. So what should you expect from your letting agent?Professional reputationTo attract good tenants, the agent needs to be well established in the local area and have a good reputation.
|home | site map|