|Real Estate Information|
Invest In Real Estate - But Where?
Where should you invest in real estate? If you know an area well, and have enough experience investing in real estate, you can make money almost anywhere. However, there are always places that are better or worse for real estate investments - places that have a better demand/supply ratio. Use the questions below to find them.
1. Is the population growing fast? Check the US Census figures online, or ask the local government if they have the statistics. Stay away from areas that have little growth.
2. Is job growth decent? Again, ask local authorities or use the census information. You want to see job growth equal to or exceeding population growth. The people have to have money to pay for housing.
3. Decent quality of life? This is subjective, but important. Are there theaters and bookstores? Count coffee shops and cafes. Trendy areas usually have increasing demand for housing. It's also a good indication of a high quality-of-life if people are willing to take lower-paying jobs just to live there.
4. Wealth in the area? It is always a good sign when there is some degree of wealth in a town. Count rich homes. Wealth means everything doesn't die when the economy slows.
1. How much new construction? The census figures can tell you what's happened over the last ten years. Then check with the local authorities to see if the the number of housing units they've issued permits for is more or less than the expected population growth.
2. How many homes for sale? A lower supply of homes for sale means upward pressure on prices. This indirectly drives up rents as well, which makes for better investing.
3. Rent and vacancy levels? Are rents high enough to justify investing? Are vacancies low? When we first came to Tucson, every building had vacancies, and we saw a man holding a sign that read, "Apartment - $250 Per Month." Great place for renters, but not a great place to invest in real estate.
4. Available land that is buildable? Less is better for future appreciation. When the land runs out, the prices start accelerating upwards.
Use these questions to compare various towns and cities, and you'll see the differences more clearly. You'll see how housing demand compares to supply in each. Finally, you'll see where it is better to invest in real estate.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
Free Tips That Will Dramatically Increase the Selling Value Of Your House (Part 1)
Did you know that it's a proven fact that a properly maintained home sells substantially higher then a home that is dirty, depressed looking and clearly not maintained very well? When it comes to selling your house the statement "first impressions are the selling impression" couldn't be any more accurate. This article will highlight some quick tips that will increase the amount of money you can ask for you home when you're ready to sell it.
If You are Hiring a Neighborhood Specialist to Sell Your Home, there are Some Things You Absolutely
My husband and I were eating breakfast at the Good Egg the other morning and couldn't help but over hear a fellow talking to his elderly parents about their home. It was fairly obvious that his father had a hard time hearing and the louder he talked the more I was tuning in to what he was saying.
Rapid City Real Estate Agents
Take me Back to the Black HillsLocated in Western South Dakota, Rapid City is a thriving community with many amenities to offers its residents. This city is nestled among the beautiful Black Hills, offering endless recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast in the Black Hills National Forest.
How to Make a Home for Sale Flyer Using Marketing Psychology
Want to sell your home right away, for the highest profit to you? Discover how to improve on the Realtor's number two sales tool--right after the sign--your sales flyer.Most real estate agents use a sales flyer template which showcases their listings using out-of-date marketing strategies.
Industrial Income Property Financing: Part 3 of 3
Financial ConcernsOf the three types of income property, industrial property requires the greatest degree of technical expertise and experience. Likewise, financing the acquisition of an industrial income property can be, at best, very risky without adequate planning and know-how.
Real Estate Investment Requires A Team
I had a hard time at first with real estate investment. One of the reasons was that I tended to be a "lone wolf," trying to do too much myself.
Is An Old Home for You? - The Cons
So you think you might like to buy an old home? Perhaps even something old enough to be historic? It's a good idea to carefully evaluate the pros and cons before you decide. There are plenty of both.
How To Best Negotiate A House Deal
Whether it's selling your home or buying a home, more often than not you'll come across a stage where you'd have to negotiate. Negotiation is the art of getting what you want at your terms and conditions.
Investment Real Estate Secret: Buy a House Today, With No Money Down
If you've read my article "Purchasing Property With No Money Down. .
10 Tips to Sell Your House Faster!
Here are some Handy wee Tips to help you Sell Your House Faster. These are all 'tried and true' tips we've gathered over years of Buying and Selling Houses, so I know for sure that they work!1.
Escalation Clauses - A Home Buyers Secret Weapon
Today we discuss escalation clauses because much of the country is experiencing an extreme "sellers' market." By that, I mean there are more buyers than there are sellers, and that results in sellers' getting more than one offer to buy their property.
Buying and Selling Real Estate: Negotiating to Win-Win
You don't get what you deserve - you get what you negotiate for.If you've spent some time on homekeys.
Law & Logic of Homeowner Association Capital Reserves
In October 1999, Oregon was one of the first states that enacted a significant improvement to its Condominium and Planned Community regarding capital reserve planning, a process by which homeowner associations plan and fund future repairs and replacements. For many associations, the process became mandatory although there was an "escape clause" for pre-October 99 Oregon communities.
How to Show & Sell Your California Home
Seller's Showing Instructions1. When the agent arrives with the potential buyers, have the window coverings open to let in as much sunlight as possible.
Pricing your House to Sell
Most Sellers set their initial asking price at an amount somewhat higher than they are actually willing to accept, fully expecting a buyer to open the bidding with a lesser amount.While price is the most frequently negotiated item in any home sale, you may be able to creatively provide financial value to your buyer - without lowering the price alone.
How Can Real Estate Investors Profit From The Internet?
The Internet is a powerful marketing tool, but just how can a real estate investor make the best use of Web pages?We've spent some time experimenting with Web sites and we've found a couple of ways that they can be useful.First.
Water, Water Everywhere on the Waterfront
Waterfront living is among the most desirable of locations in our area (Florida). The views and vistas are fantastic, not to mention the ability to walk out one's door to drop a line to fish or untie a line to enjoy boating.
Top Ten Suggestions for Selecting a Real Estate Agent
In order to find a real estate broker or agent who meets your needs and makes your buying or selling experience a positive one, Century 21 Real Estate Corporation recommends you:DO NOT blindly walk into or call a neighborhood firm and ask for an agent at random.Ask friends and family for recommendations.
Advantages to Buying or Owning a Condominium
Condos have become an increasingly attractive home ownership option for singles, young couples, families and retired couples (that's just about everybody!). A condo is a viable option for anyone who wants to own a home without the worry of repairs, maintenance and dreaded chores like snow shoveling.
Fixing Houses: Mixing Your Own Paint for Savings and Harmony
To make the maximum profit on your investment properties, you'll need to save money wherever you can. One way to save significant amounts of money is to mix your own paint.
|home | site map|