|Real Estate Information|
Rental Properties: 10 Ways To Increase Income
What if you want better cash flow from your rental properties? You can't just raise the rents arbitrarily. If tenants leave, income goes down, not up. There are other ways, though, including the ones listed below.
1. Install coin-operated washing machines. Even if you don't have the money to do this yourself, you can find a company that will do it for you, and share the income with you.
2. Rent extra parking space. When I got tired of a renter's extra car, I just started charging a weekly fee. Then I didn't mind so much.
3. Raise the rent. Okay, we did dismiss ARBITRARY rent hikes as a cash-flow solution, but check on the rates for similar units. Are you renting at below-market rates?
4. Rent storage sheds. Especially if your apartments are small, your renters may need a place to store their things. Don't let them spend their money elsewhere. Put a few sheds on the property.
5. Enforce late fees. It is perfectly fair to have a fee for late payment of rent, and guess what? Those who are chronically late usually don't even mind - they just don't look at these things the same way as others.
6. Offer improvements for rent increases. If it's worth $25 more monthly rent to a tenant, install that dishwasher. Even on a credit card you'll pay less than that per month for it.
7. Install vending machines. If your rental properties are large enough, others will do this for you for free, and give you a share of the income.
8. Rent by the room. A four-bedroom house might make more money if you include all the utilities and rent by the bedroom. This has made a lot of fortunes for investors in college towns. It does mean a lot of management, however.
9. Rent-to-own sale. Usually there's a non-refundable deposit, and higher than market rents in these deals. When renters change their minds, as they often do, you got the deposit and better cash flow. This is great when poor cash flow makes you want to sell. You either sell or get the better cash flow as you repeat the process.
10. Reduce expenses. Every dollar of expense you cut goes straight to the bottom line. List every expense of your rental properties, and look at them one at a time. How can you reduce them?
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
Real Estate Investing Myths That Steal Profits From Your Pocket
One of the things that distresses us about our industry is the amount of wrong or incomplete information available to investors. Some myths block what otherwise would be a great deal, while others would have you believe that a bad deal is actually great.
How You Will NOT Make Money in Real Estate
We all have seen some book called "How I Turned my last dollar into $1 Million by buying real estate in my spare time". Some of us even bought such books on an impulse with high expectations.
Investing In Commercial Property
Investing in commercial property is well beyond the financial means of most people. Few can afford the large sums of money involved in buying commercial real estate.
How to Build Your Dream Home
Building your dream home is a process that takes some individuals a lifetime. Hardly anyone knows early in life what exactly constitutes "dream home" in her eyes.
How To Create A House Buying Wish List For Your Dream Home
Buying a house is one of the most exciting things you will ever do. But there are LOTS of little details involved - details which can be very costly if they are overlooked.
Seven Tips in Choosing Maui Income Properties
Aloha! If you are interested in choosing a Maui income property, then there are some details that you should know. You might be a bit intimidated by the whole process of buying a home.
Selling A Home - What Attachments Stay or Go?
The home selling and buying process can be confusing. This is especially true when it is a FSBO (for sale by owner) operation.
Real Estate News
Happy New Year, Make it a better world. "Pay it Forward" as in the movie.
How To Simplify Your Real Estate Buying/Selling Experience
Today's real estate consumer has a lot to consider during the sale or purchase of a home. Be it waiting for the right buyer/seller, mortgage rates, or the moving truck, the experience can take a bit of patience on the part of the consumer.
Crossing the Gap from this Home to the Next: Bridge Loan
So you're thinking of getting into a bigger house. You call up the real estate agent and make an appointment to go see what the market has to offer.
Questions You Always Wanted To Ask A Master Builder But Never Had The Chance
Building a house (or lots of them) seems to be an area of knowledge that is kept secret (insiders only), with clients kept in the dark and fed on expensive "cow dung."A while ago I asked my US readers of my e-book, "Residential Development Made Easy" for questions they would like to ask a Master Builder.
Dont be Tempted by We Buy Houses (Updated)
Do you want to sell your home right away? Don't be tempted by "We Buy Houses" or "Sell Your House in 9 days for Cash" ads and billboards.Savvy real estate investors run these ads and put up posters looking for sellers under duress.
10 Things You Shouldnt Do When Youre Buying a Home
Home Buying Don'tsYour home buying process is well underway. The sellers accepted your offer to purchase.
Conditions Are Right For Buying The Higher Priced Home You'Ve Always Wanted
Higher interest rates and home prices in the past have kept home owners from purchasing larger homes. The current real estate market conditions, however, are encouraging for many home owners who want to "buy up" to higher priced homes with more to offer.
New Housing Starts Do Not Guarantee Aftermarket Sales
We have been studying a trend of new home buyers in the US in light of this latest housing boom. And how we should adjust our strategies to deal with it.
Selling Property - Valuing Your Property
Selling property privately has many advantages over using an estate agent. However estate agents can provide useful local information not available from the internet.
Vegas: The New Frontier
Unless you have been living in Siberia, you know that Real Estate is on fire in many places around the country. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find a city where this was not the case.
The Sadness of Old Buildings
From the book No Smooshing!For years, I've carried on a not-so-friendly debate with some of my artist friends from the West Coast about their ideas of what constitutes a good subject. We seem to be able to agree on certain things, like apples and oranges-and even certain landscapes.
Buying a Home: The 5 Biggest Mistakes that a Home Buyer Makes
As a Professional Real Estate Inspector I get to see and hear the right and wrong things people do when buying a home. These 5 tips will help you choose the right Real Estate Agent the first time.
How Does Interest Rates Affect New Home Sales and Wheres The Best Place To Build?
These real questions on new home starts and interest rates on real estate are answered by a US Master Builder and myself after receiving them from readers of my e-book, "Residential Development Made Easy."Question 1.
|home | site map|