|Real Estate Information|
Types Of Real Estate - An Investors Choice
There are different types of real estate, and different ways to invest in them. Which way is best is for you to decide, according to your particular needs. Here are a few ways to consider, with their advantages and disadvantages.
1. Rental houses. Advantages: One of the easier ways to get started, and good long term return on investment. Disadvantages: Being a landlord isn't much fun, and you typically wait a long time for the big pay-off.
2. Rent-to-own houses. Advantages: When you buy, then sell on a rent-to-own arrangement, you get higher rent, and the buyer is usually responsible for maintenance. Disadvantages: The bookkeeping is tricky, and most tenants don't complete the purchase (this can be an advantage too, but it does mean more work for you).
3. Low income rentals. Advantages: The same as with any rentals, but with higher cash flow. Disadvantages: The same as with other rentals, but with more repairs and tenant problems.
4. Fixer-uppers. Advantages: A quick return on your investment, and it can be more creative work. Disadvantages: Higher risk (many unpredictables) and you get taxed heavily on the gain.
5. Buy for cash, sell for terms. Advantages: You get a high rate of return by paying cash to get a good price, and selling on easy terms to get a high price AND high interest. Disadvantages: You tie up your capital for a long time.
6. Buy land, split it and sell it. Advantages: It is simpler than most real estate investments, with the possibility of great profits. Disadvantages: It can take a long time, and you have expenses, but no cash flow while you wait.
7. Boarding houses. Advantages: You can get a lot more cash flow renting a house by the room, especially in a college town. Disadvantages: You can get a lot more headaches renting a house by the room, especially in a college town.
8. Commercial real estate. Advantages: Long term triple-net leases mean little management and high returns. Disadvantages: Tough market to break into, and you can lose income on vacant storefronts for a year at a time.
9. Buy, live in it, and sell. Advantages: The new tax law means you can fix it up, and sell for a big tax-free profit after two years, then start the process again. Disadvantages: You have to move a lot.
10. Speculation. Advantages: Buying in the path of growth and holding until values rise can yield large profits, especially if you buy low to start. Disadvantages: Prices aren't that predictable, you have expenses with no income while you're waiting, and transaction costs can eat much of the profits.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
Home Staging Strategies
Who are you preparing your home to sell to?You, as a home seller, have two initial choices.1.
Buying Land For Development Requires Careful Planning and Execution
From the desk of Colm Dillon ..
Reprint Rights and How To Use Them To Generate A Steady Income
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to have a step by step guide for sellers and tenant buyers. However, many of you are missing out on other income streams that these step by step guides can generate.
Are You Profiting From O.P.P.?
Are you profiting from O.P.
Getting Started in Real Estate Foreclosure Investing
Decide to Invest in Real Estate Foreclosure InvestingWith the increase in Real Estate property appreciation rates across America, a prospective foreclosure buyer may want to fix up a property to improve its value to live in, to rent out or to resell. The strategy a buyer pursues will determine which foreclosure property to buy and the location.
What Is Home Staging And How Does It Help To Sell My House
Home staging is the concept of preparing a house for sale. This can involve everything from removing clutter, re-arranging furniture and in some cases re-decoration, ensuring that the house creates a great first impression and helps buyer's to feel that they could really live there.
Fixing Houses for Resale: Three Beginning Steps to Increase Profits and Have Fun
Real estate investors specializing in fixers make higher profits when they have a detailed work plan and know how to get around the future resale appraisal issues.Before you begin your fixer makeover, taking a few extra steps helps you make more money, avoid future appraisal pitfalls, and have more fun.
Secrets of Making Money from Real Estate - Part 2
Leverage: With real estate, people and companies will lend you money to invest. How much real estate can you buy with $20,000? Probably between $100,000-$300,000, depending on the lender.
Selling Houses with Curb Appeal and Design Psychology
Curb appeal is the most important challenge you'll face when selling your home. You must make home shoppers feel like getting out of their car to see what's behind the front door.
Advantages and Disadvantages to Selling a House on Your Own
As with any business transaction, there are pros and cons to selling your own home. Many people are intimidated by the whole process, but if you know what you are up against, and if you are aware of what needs to be done, you will be more effective at selling on your own, or you will be better at making sure your agent does what you prefer.
Preparing for a Showing
As soon as you decide to put your home on the market, all sorts of sprucing-up are in order. But let's assume you've already scrubbed to a fare-thee-well, touched up a bit of paint, cleared most of the stuff off your kitchen counters and straightened out your closets.
Are Condo Hotels What the Orlando Real Estate Investor Has Been Looking For?
Earlier this year the Hawthorn suites in Lake Buena Vista quietly sold out all of their units in less than a month. These 540 sq.
Advantages to Buying or Owning a Condominium
Condos have become an increasingly attractive home ownership option for singles, young couples, families and retired couples (that's just about everybody!). A condo is a viable option for anyone who wants to own a home without the worry of repairs, maintenance and dreaded chores like snow shoveling.
Burn, Baby, Burn!
Luxury homes are lots of fun to inspect. Sure, the pay is better too, but mostly it's just fun to see how the other half lives! I also get to meet those people who have reached such a level of financial success that they are buying a home that seems like it could have been a boarding school!One of the fun aspects of inspecting large and expensive homes is seeing furnishing and interior design work at the highest level.
Understanding Title Insurance
Title to a property is a record detailing the owners of the property and rights associated with the ownership. Title typically shows a progression of ownership from the first owner to the current one.
Real Estate Investing - The Motivated Seller
How the heck do you find a "motivated seller?"The motivated seller doesn't wear a tattoo on his forehead that announces the distinction. And he never drags you onto his property begging you to buy.
Investing In Commercial Property
Investing in commercial property is well beyond the financial means of most people. Few can afford the large sums of money involved in buying commercial real estate.
Investing in Real Estate & REITs
Real estate investing runs the gamut in terms of risk and investment success. The first rule of real estate investing, even before location, location, location, is be very careful with whom you are dealing.
Real Estate: Reasons and Priorities for Purchasing Property
Real Estate: Reasons and Priorities for Purchasing Property. It's not just about Real Estate as an Investment.
How Can the Average Person Build Wealth in Real Estate?
Books on real estate are a dime a dozen-and most focus on taking advantage of someone else's misfortune. They frequently describe lofty methods for buying and selling properties no ordinary citizen can be successful using.
|home | site map|