|Real Estate Information|
Real Estate Investment Requires A Team
I had a hard time at first with real estate investment. One of the reasons was that I tended to be a "lone wolf," trying to do too much myself. I've since learned that to really do well investing in real estate, you need to have a team of people you can trust and rely on. Here are some possible team members, and what they need to be on the team.
1. Real estate agent. A licensed agent with experience in the area you invest in and access to the MLS (Multiple Listing Service), can be a great help. If she is a seller's agent, she can still ethically bring the best deals to you once she knows you're a serious buyer.
2. Real estate attorney. This should be someone familiar with the laws and legal customs of your area, and have experience with the type of deals you intend to do (If you are buying rentals, she should be familiar with doing evictions, for example.)
3. Accountant or bookkeeper. Keeping proper books for real estate investments is getting more complicated with all the tax-law changes. Find someone that understands the law, and what you want.
4. Mortgage broker or banker. The first can offer many options, but the second can make the loan decision. Each has their advantages, and you could use both. In either case it's important that they understand what you want (fast closings, lower interest, corporate loans?)
5. Appraiser. Not only can a good appraiser give you an accurate valuation of a property, but they should be able to suggest ways in which you can raise the value of a property. Use someone that will talk to you.
6. Inspector. In some areas it is easy to become an inspector with little experience. It's best if you use one that is or used to be a contractor, so he can find the problems AND give you some idea of the cost of repairs.
7. Insurance agent. A good one will understand what you want, and find ways to save you money. Insure all your properties with one agent, and you're likely to have discounts available, and better service.
8. Escrow officer. They will usually be with a closing company. Look for someone that's efficient, and can explain things clearly to both sides. If he is confused by a slightly creative contract, he should educate easily or be replaced.
9. Cleaning person. Having a trusted person or crew ready means a fast turn around when you buy a rental or rehab project.
10. Property manager. Be sure that the company you hire has exerience, is responsive, and will have time when you call. A good property manager can tell you BEFORE you buy, what you should get for rent in a given area.
Real estate investment is less stressful and more profitable with a good team on your side.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
New or Old House?
A lot of buyers think that a new house is the way to go but it's important to have some knowledge of quality and of the builder. New paint, carpet, doors, windows and cabinets are a quick and easy sell.
Looking into Buying Mobile Homes?
To own a home is one of the dreams every common man cherishes, even from the childhood. With hard work and years of savings, he might be able to build or buy a dwelling for him and his family.
Dont Just GET THE DEED - The Infamous Kitchen Table Closing
Q: Hi Lou, I have a property under contract that I want to resell/flip as-is to a rehabber/renovator, but I may have to purchase it quickly and simply record the Quit Claim Deed, without using a closing attorney or waiting for a title exam. I need your advice.
Log Homes - What is the Log-Home Lifestyle?
Typical log home company advertisements in popular log home magazines talk about the "log home lifestyle" or "it's not just a home, it's a lifestyle." What does this mean? What is "the" log home lifestyle?It's often difficult to discuss the particulars of log home living without also talking about where the log home is located.
Commercial Real Estate: Assessing The Unique Features Of Commercial Real Estate Parcels
As commercial real estate development progresses into the 21st century, many of the principles upon which the market was founded remain the same. Whether you are a property owner, developer, or commercial real estate agent, identifying and marketing the unique features of your commercial property will maximize the attractiveness of the site to prospective buyers or tenants.
Why Move to the Poconos?
Awaken to the sounds of softly rustling trees and tranquil gurgling streams. Stroll along quiet lush wooded mountain trails.
How to Sell Your Own Home and Save Thousands of Dollars
Most people take the easy way out when selling their home and hand the responsibility over to a real estate agent, when in fact the average homeowner is capable of selling their own home.Apart from the satisfaction of making the sale yourself there is the bonus of saving thousands of dollars in agents fees.
Pricing Your Property
A house properly priced is half sold. But there are plenty of ways to price it improperly.
The Key to Real Estate Investing Success Revealed!
How did you get into real estate investing? Did you read a book on it? Was it a seminar? A meeting of some sort with speakers dispensing real estate investing information, but really selling courses? Did you get really, really jazzed and pumped up by these simple ("not easy") concepts that were delivered to you in parable form from the stage by a charismatic speaker?Did you find yourself levitating to the back of the room, powerless but to slap down your plastic to buy the kits that were being sold there? Like, "Yes Mr. Ker we do take traveler's checks.
Let the Broker Show the House
Of course you're curious, and you'd like to see what goes on when potential buyers come into your home.But real estate brokers are just about unanimous in asking that you be absent when they bring people in.
How To Get The Best Rental Accommodation In The Area By Using Your Capital
My report is for you to use your power to negotiate, not only a reduced weekly cost of accommodation, but also to get the best accommodation available in the area in which you wish to live.Hello Colm Dillon here .
Advantages to Buying or Owning a Condominium
Condos have become an increasingly attractive home ownership option for singles, young couples, families and retired couples (that's just about everybody!). A condo is a viable option for anyone who wants to own a home without the worry of repairs, maintenance and dreaded chores like snow shoveling.
Commercial Income Property Financing: Part 1 of 3
Welcome to this first portion of a three-part series about income property. In this first segment we will be discussing financing options for commercial income properties as well as the upside (and downside) of owning this type of property.
Secrets of Making Money from Real Estate - Part 3
Great, now how do I actually INVEST in real estate?Investing in real estate will get easier the more you do it. The first deal may take some time, but like anything, the more you do it the better you'll become.
How To Give Your Home A Face-Lift: The Sellers Guide To A Quick Sell
One of the great challenges to selling a home can be showing all of its space, decor and natural light potential. For example, every home has crowded closets and dead space.
Do You Know What Design/Construct (or Design/Build ) Means? I Think You Should!
These real questions on 'How To' build are answered by a US Master Builder and myself from the development viewpoint, after I received them from readers of my e-book, "Residential Development Made Easy."Question 1.
Real Estate, Real Property and Leased Land; Definitions, Discussion and Explanations
Delaware, and the rest of the original British Colonies, has some land that is leased rather than owned by the residents of that land. Much of it is not evident to the casual observer.
I have a buyer for your property and I can sell it now!
A Realtor has just talked to you and said, "I have a buyer for your property and I can sell it now; perhaps for more money than the price your current real estate agent has it listed for." Have you heard this or a version of this? Or, "I have a buyer for your property and I can sell it now; for Big Bucks (with an incredibly high figure named) perhaps for more money than that.
Selling by Owner Tips
Do strangers scare or intimidate you? If you're planning to try to sell your home yourself, you'll have to get used to it. You'll also be opening yourself up to potentially dangerous situations and legal liabilities.
How to Show & Sell Your California Home
Seller's Showing Instructions1. When the agent arrives with the potential buyers, have the window coverings open to let in as much sunlight as possible.
|home | site map|