|Real Estate Information|
Ten Myths Of Real Estate Investing
Is real estate investing only for the wealthy? Can you buy with no money down? Do you have to know the "right" people? Let's answer by looking at some of the myths of real estate.
1. Real estate investing is for the wealthy. Money helps, but my first real estate investment was a $3,500 lot - which I sold for a profit two weeks after I bought it. Small deals, partners, low-down deals, or just putting aside $7 per day for a couple years until you have enough money for a downpayment - these are some of the ways to start with a little and invest in real estate.
2. "0 down" isn't possible. I sold a rental property for $1,000 down because I trusted the buyer to make the payments, and I wanted the 9% interest and higher price. He could have gotten a cash-advance on a credit card for another $30 per month and made it a "0-down" deal. "No money down" means none of YOUR money down, and yes, it happens.
3. "0 down" is the best way. If you don't invest some of your own money, you'll have higher payments. You'll also spend more time finding suitable properties, and pay more for them (generally cooperative sellers want more for their cooperation - I do). There are 0-down deals out there - they just aren't always worth doing.
3. You need experience. Experience helps, but you get it by investing. Start with common sense, ask how you can lose money, be willing to learn the numbers, and you can start where you are.
4. Some investors have a "knack" for making money. Sort of. More accurately, some just took the time and risk to learn the market and continue their education.
5. You need to know the "right" people. It helps, so start the process. Talk to investors, real estate agents, landlords, etc.
6. You have to be great negotiator. If you learn to run the numbers and make the offers based on them, you can be the worst negotiator and still do okay.
8. You need insider knowledge. Understand one deal, and you are on your way. Read and read more, but the best "insider" knowledge comes from experience.
9. Fixer-uppers are safe. People have the idea that doing the work themselves is the safest way to assure a profit. Not true. Mis-planned "fix and flips" have bankrupted even experienced investors. Most poorly purchased rental properties will only eat a little money every month.
10. The key is lowball offers. The numbers have to work, and you need a plan. You can offer MORE than the market price and make money investing in real estate, if you understand creative financing - and how to do the math.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
Condos Vs. Condo Hotels For Vacaton Home Ownership
Condo hotels, also called condotels, are a relatively new concept in vacation home ownership. Rapidly gaining popularity, numerous condo hotels are now being built in Florida, Las Vegas, Chicago, Toronto, the Caribbean and many other locales around the U.
Real Estate Investing - The Dream House Effect
Several years ago I developed a philosophy in renovating houses which resulted in a finished product that I call a "Dream House" or "Doll House."How many houses on the market today look very ordinary and less than perfect? How many look "Plain Jane?" What is the difference between these "average" houses and the house on the block that is strikingly different at even the distance of a windshield view?The pronounced difference in the outstanding property offered for sale might be brilliant new lawn grass.
Boom or Bust
For those looking to invest in the real estate market?keep your eyes on the headlines. According to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
Preserve Equity, Build for the Future Using a 1031 Tax Exchange
Thinking of trading up on an investment resort property? If so, look into 1031 Tax Exchanges (based on IRS Code Section 1031), which allow taxpayers to defer taxes on capital gains resulting from the sale of investment real estate, often a sizable sum since combined Federal and State taxes can run as high as 38 percent.With an exchange, owners are able to preserve equity, while still selling the property.
Property Investing Secrets 4
Property Investing Secrets:How to Sell to 100% of the Market Place Using Lease OptionsWhen property investing, you will find if you make houses easy for people to buy, your properties will become easier to sell. Most people who are selling houses today are selling to the 80% of the population who have good enough credit to qualify for a bank loan.
Real Estate Investment 2005 - The Hottest Countries for Investment in 2005
Whether you are a real estate investor looking for a steady and 'safe' investment in a proven market or a real estate speculator willing to gamble on the unknown and undiscovered in the hopes of gaining a significant ROI (return on investment), this article covers the real estate investment hotspots for 2005.A recent UK government report discovered that there was a 250% increase between 2000 and 2004 in the number of Britons buying property abroad solely for investment purposes, and this trend does not seem to be limited to the UK nor does it seem to be slowing down!The global stock markets seem to be in decline, there is a worldwide pension crisis looming and we have uncertainty in the Middle East, in the UK the housing market is unaffordable, possibly over inflated and unlikely to bring significant returns for investors late in on the game and so more and more of us are looking further a field for our investment opportunities.
Buying Overseas Property
Fourteen Top Tips for Overseas Property Investment:1. Buy what you want to buy.
The Bubble Effect
Turn on the TV at almost any time day or night and you will find news and talk shows informing us that there is a Real Estate bubble. What is a "bubble" and how do they know? The simple principle of what goes up must come down is being applied in general thought now and many in the public are starting to buy it.
How to Calculate Real Estate Rehab Profits
If you are investing in real estate you will face a variety of challenges. First you have to find the right property.
How To Spot A Good Buy
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, particularly when it comes to buying a home. Features that attract one home-buyer may repel another.
Is a Vacation Home Right for You?
Many of us dream about owning the vacation home in the Mountains, or on the Lake or Ocean. A place where one can retreat periodically from the hustle-bustle of everyday life.
Cutting Edge Real Estate: Is There Anything New? Part 1
The world of real estate has pretty much stayed the same for decades. It's no different today than it was 50 years ago.
Why Real Estate Investment?
Why should you invest in real estate? Well, investing in real estate for profit is one of the most popular approaches to generating additional income in the United States today. In fact, if you pay attention to recent press you will have seen numerous reports about the real estate investment craze that seems to be sweeping the Nation.
A Difference Between Appraisal, Assessment, Home Inspection
Every one should have a home inspection before purchasing any property, including new construction. You may think that's rediculous but there are too many cases that prove otherwise.
Be Patient Screening Tenants
Rental real estate is a solid way to make money. I'm particularly fond of residential properties, because people have to live somewhere.
Renting Versus Buying A Home
Renters are often in a quandary as to whether it makes sense to continue renting or buy a home. Buying a home makes more sense, particularly when taking a long-term view.
How To Sell Your Home FSBO
You decide to sell your home and believe you can handle the selling process. Good for You!Of course you're a little nervous and that's normal.
Foreclosure Home Deals
Did you know that you can save tens of thousands of dollars on the purchase of your home by investing in a foreclosure or preforeclosure property? When you are trying to purchase a home for the first time, and you have limited resources and limited funds, it is particularly important that you get the most "bang for your buck".One way for a young family to get the most home for their money is to purchase a "distressed" property.
Guide To Finding The Perfect Central Illinois House
Central Illinois is an area rich in cultural activities and business opportunities. The quality of life experienced by the residents of the numerous close-knit communities is second to none.
Why You Should Rent To Live And Buy To Invest
Why you should Rent a place to live in and Buy a place for Investment - Did you know that in your Bank's Accounts "Your House" is placed in "Their Asset Book." That means that the house you own and live in, is a "Liability.
|home | site map|