|Real Estate Information|
Dont Sell It Yourself
Don't sell it yourself! Sometimes a "FSBO," or house "for sale by owner" can sell as fast, and for as much as it would have if listed with a real estate agent. Sometimes. Before you decide to give it a try though, consider the following ten points.
1. Most buyers work with agents, and look through MLS listings. If you don't list with an agent, most buyers will never see or hear about your home. It's hard to find that "right" buyer or get top dollar when your invisible to most of the market.
2. FSBOs get lower offers. It's only logical. The buyer thinks you'll take less because you're saving the commission! Save $10,000, get $10,000 less - where's the advantage in that?
3. You pay advertising. All the costs the real estate office normally pays are yours if you sell it yourself. How much will you spend on ads if it takes a a year to sell?
4. You don't have the resources. The agent has books of sold properties to look at, for example, to determine the best price for your home. You can get that information by digging through county records, but you do have to value your time too, right?
5. You may not know the market. What's the target market for your house? Young couples, retirees? What features are they looking for? You should know these things before you write your ads. An experienced real estate salesperson will know.
6. You may not know the laws. What about written disclosures, and who pays the real estate transfer tax? Just because you sell it yourself doesn't mean you get to ignore the laws.
7. You may not be a good salesperson. How do you develop rapport and properly answer objections? Will your defensiveness scare off a buyer who criticizes your home? Think back to your own purchases. You know a good salesperson makes a difference.
8. A real estate agent handles the paperwork. Can you help the buyer properly fill out an offer to purchase? Do you have the other closing documents ready?
9. Real estate agents negotiate for you. When is the last time you learned a new negotiating technique? Do you know how to counter-offer without angering a buyer? A good salesperson is trained in these skills.
10. You may not save a penny. Documents, newspaper advertising, signs for the yard, and more - it's all your expense when you sell it yourself. Then after your hard work, you get low offers, and negotiate poorly? The truth is that sellers often net less money from the sale when they try to save the commission.
You can see why most "FSBO" sellers eventually turn to a real estate agent for help. You can learn to do many of the things an agent does, but is it worth it to spend all that time and maybe not even save any money? Don't sell it yourself unless you really know what you're doing, and you're ready for the hassle.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
10 Ways To Find Investment Properties
If you really want the best deals in investment properties, you have to increase your odds by finding more deals. Who is more likely to get a cheap apartment building, an investor that looks through the MLS listings and calls it a day, or the one that uses ten resources? Here are the ten:1.
5 Simple Steps to Sell Your House Fast!
The decision to sell your house wasn't made on the spur of the moment. It may have been spurred by the desire to live in a nicer home, the need to move for a new job or the necessity to get a handle on out-of-control costs.
Strata Title Hotel Investments
Want to know why Strata Title Hotel Investments can be a "Hell Hole" for the unwary?Hello, Colm here ..
Real Estate Value: Knowing yours is Key to Mortgage Success
The value of the real estate you own, whether it is your personal residence or an investment property, is critical to your mortgage and financial success. If the balance on your mortgage is close to or higher than the value of your property, your real estate is not the financial machine it should be.
A Simple Step by Step Aproach to Fail Your Way to a Million Dollars
If You want to be Financially Successful you need to Learn to FailAt a Robert Allen Seminar he said the difference between successful people and unsuccessful people (Financially Successful) is that Successful know how to fail. He went own to say that in order to be successful you need to learn to fail, Unsuccessful people fail to get that 9-5 Job that pays $25,000 to maybe $90,000 a year and when they finally succeed what do they have a 9-5 Job.
Zero Down Real Estate Investing
Zero down? Why would a seller want to walk away from closing with nothing? Well, they wouldn't, and that brings up the most important point about real estate investing with no downpayment: The seller almost always needs cash at closing, but it doesn't have to be YOUR cash.A Zero Down ExampleI'm selling a small rental property right now, with payments of $400/month.
Buying Foreclosures - Knowing Why Helps You Buy
One big potential deal-killer in buying foreclosures is the homeowner. If the homeowner does not trust you, buying their home (even at a foreclosure auction) can become a greater challenge.
Fixing Houses for Resale: Three Beginning Steps to Increase Profits and Have Fun
Real estate investors specializing in fixers make higher profits when they have a detailed work plan and know how to get around the future resale appraisal issues.Before you begin your fixer makeover, taking a few extra steps helps you make more money, avoid future appraisal pitfalls, and have more fun.
Why Use a Property Manager?
Most experienced property investors use property managers. Why? Because they make you money.
How to Achieve Financial Freedom with Your Home
The secret disclosed on how you too could achieve financial freedom through property (and tell the pension companies just where to stick their measly, worthless 'pensions') Geoff Morris is a self-made property millionaire who made it in less than 18 months even with a hectic 'day job'. He has written a series of articles to help people like you achieve the same levels of success - as long as you are willing to 'Go For It!'Many people these days are getting more and more concerned as they approach retirement age.
Howard Stern is Hot in Real Estate
Howard Stern has over 20 property related files in Queens, 27 in Brooklyn and 1 in Manhattan. The files include mortgages, releases or satisfaction pieces, liens and powers of attorney.
Selling Investment Houses: Props & Profits
New Marketing and Design Psychology ideas help you stage homes for sale to motivate buyers and generate top dollar. Instead of leaving investment houses vacant, my husband and I add a few props to increase our profits.
10 Home Purchase Abroad Tips For Success
Are you seeking your little corner of sun drenched heaven on earth? If you are you're certainly not alone!Many Northern Europeans, Americans and Canadians are looking overseas for investment real estate or for a holiday bolt hole and if you're considering buying a second home in the sun, a home from home abroad or an investment property overseas and you're in a hurry to get started, these top 10 home purchase abroad tips for success should set you off in the right direction.1) Legal AdviceLegal systems differ from country to country so never assume that you understand how exactly the entire house purchase process is going to work, and never expect things to necessarily go exactly your way! To be assured of the fact that your personal interests are being looked after and that you, your money and your property are 100% secure, legal and legitimate it's essential to seek independent legal representation in the country you're considering buying property in.
The UK has Gone Property TV Show Crazy!
The UK has gone property TV crazy. There are now shows about developing, buying, doing up and selling your home on every channel nearly every day.
The Most Sensible Investment Decision Youll Ever Make
So much advice is bandied about on the internet and even on the street about what makes a sensible investment, what makes a good investment and what makes a secure investment.Well - when you consider that for most of us our own home is actually our number one asset and that it is a strong capital appreciating asset, surely the most sensible investment decisions we can make will be locked into that real estate.
Dont Just GET THE DEED - The Infamous Kitchen Table Closing
Q: Hi Lou, I have a property under contract that I want to resell/flip as-is to a rehabber/renovator, but I may have to purchase it quickly and simply record the Quit Claim Deed, without using a closing attorney or waiting for a title exam. I need your advice.
Selling a Home - What Personal Property Stays?
The home selling and buying process can be confusing, particularly when it comes to figuring out what items stay with the home. This is especially true when it is a FSBO (for sale by owner) operation.
Understanding Opportunity Cost When Investing In Property
While most investors have got involved in property investing because they understand the opportunities to make money through leverage and capital growth or high yields, I still see and hear of many who do not fully understand opportunity cost.Remember anyone that gets into property is usually in it to generate money or income - how many deals/properties you own is insignificant.
Estate Agents on the Costa Blanca Spain
Properties for sale or to rent on the Costa BlancaAs a general rule of thumb, newly built properties on the Costa Blanca are generally cheaper than existing or re-sale properties - cheaper still if you buy 'off plan' (before the house has been started). Property prices have rocketed here over the last five - ten years and many fortunate people have found that their properties have grown in value enormously even before they had moved in! Even though the market is now leveling out, a property in Spain is still an extremely good investment.
Real Estate Tax Incentives
Lower Your TaxesTax incentives for real estate investors can often make the difference in your tax rates. Deductions for rental property can often be used to offset wage income.
|home | site map|