|Real Estate Information|
Selling Your Own Home: 10 More Tips
Selling your own home can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. Sometimes, though, in the right market, it makes sense to save thousands of dollars in commission and do it yourself. If you've decided to give it a try, use the tips here to do it right, and to avoid common FSBO (for sale by owner) mistakes.
1. Understand value. It isn't what you think your house is worth, and it doesn't even matter how much you put into it. It is only what it's worth to potential buyers. Find out what they have paid for other similar homes before you decide on a price.
2. Be objective. This is a difficult one. You may want to get your most honest and outspoken friend to walk through the house with you. He'll see problems you didn't know were problems.
3. Have a plan. What will the kids or wife say to those who call? Where will you be closing? Will you have documents prepared by an attorney? A plan will help it all go smoother.
4. Make a list. What needs to be fixed, cleaned, changed, or removed? Do the most obvious things first.
5. Be a prepared salesman. List every question a buyer might have, and be ready with an answer. Have comparison sheets showing other home sales, so buyers can see the value. Have a map showing where nearby stores and libraries, etc. are.
6. Sell benefits. Don't say "near stores." Say "You can walk to the store in five minutes." Don't say "garage." Say "No chipping ice off the windshield in the morning."
7. Have all important information in ads. Square feet, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, address, telephone number, and price. Leaving out the price means some buyers just won't call, and you'll waste time with others who shouldn't be calling.
8. Listen to buyers. The biggest mistake sellers make talking to buyers is to get defensive about their home. Listen to criticisms, and resolve them or ask how important the issue is to the buyer. In other words, learn a little about selling.
9. Be careful with the sales agreement. Be sure that it is understood by both sides. What happens, and when? What if the buyer doesn't get their financing? What's included in the sale? When will the buyer take possesion? Who pays the closing fee?
10. Make closing easy. Have the documents all ready to sign. Be prepared with answers to likely questions. This is likely the largest financial transaction in your buyer's life. Make him comfortable.
There is a lot more to selling your own home than can be covered in ten tips, of course. Use these however, and you'll be doing better than the average FSBO seller.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
Mancos Real Estate
Real estate: availability and costIn 2000, the median home value for a single-family residence in Mancos was estimated at $94,200 as compared to the U.S.
Property Investing Secrets 5
Property Investing Secrets:How To Work With Agents And Get What You WantWhen you're property investing, it is important to know how to connect with real estate agents. Here are some techniques you can use when you are out there pressing the flesh.
New Home Construction - The American Dream or The American Nightmare?
Buying a new home is suppose to be the American Dream. Unfortunately, for many buyers of newly constructed homes it becomes the American Nightmare.
Why Invest In Property?
Why property, some people ask when looking for an investment. Well, as far as I am concerned, property investment is, and always has been, the most powerful type of investment for building wealth.
Should You Accept A Full Purchase Offer For Your Note or Not?
You could be facing a dilemma when considering payout options on selling your mortgage note! To accept a full purchase offer or a partial purchase offer is not always an easy decision.Sure, to take the full purchase option is an easy decision to make if you're holding a second position note on a property that doesn't have any equity after you add the first and second mortgages, but what if that's not your situation? Full purchase payouts can be good if your primary concern is to just get out of the note and be done with it.
Purchasing International Real Estate
Interested in investing somewhere other than your back yard?Management companies have made it as easy to have a revenue property across the world as it is to have it across the street. You don't want to be collecting rents and plunging the toilets no matter WHERE it is!Different laws in different countries means some research is definitely in order.
Dealing With Dual Real Estate Agents
Historically, real estate agents have represented the seller of a property. The seller, after all, is usually the one who pays their commission, and agents therefore have a fiduciary relationship with the seller.
5 Factors of Selling a Home
There are five major factors to consider when selling a home. These factors will greatly influence not only the final price you will get for the property, but also how quickly it will sell and how much grief you will suffer through the sale.
How to Buy Fixers for Profit
Do you dream of becoming a multi-millionaire real estate investor? Here's how to get started: find a bargain "fixer-upper" owned by a worried seller. The hardest house for a homeowner to sell is a "doghouse," "dump," or "fixer-upper.
What Homeowners Should Know to Stop Foreclosure- Speaking Your Lenders Language
Financial literacy is the means of empowering consumers to make informed financial decisions through exposure to accurate and timely information. In no other area is the void of accurate information more evident that in the area of foreclosure.
Grab Quick Profits As Real Estate Prices Soar
Real estate values rise and fall in cycles. Currently home prices are nearing a top in many areas.
Lake Havasu Real Estate
Lake Havasu real estate is a hot commodity. With surrounding attractions such as the London Bridge, English Village, Mohave Desert, and Lake Havasu, it's no wonder that the place has become a popular place to live.
Property Investing Secrets 7
Property Investing Secrets:How Buying Real Estate Is Like Planning a Trip to the Greek IslandsOne you start property investing, one important tip is to press the flesh with the real estate agents in the areas where you plan to buy. Because property investing is a bit like buying a holiday package, you must separate yourself from the rest of the investors by giving the real estate agents the information they are looking for in your first face to face meeting.
10 Frequently Asked Short Sale Questions
1. What happens to the seller's credit rating when they allow an investor to short sell their property?What typically happens is the loan will show up as "paid" on their credit report; however there will be a notation that says "settled for less than originally owed" or something along these lines.
Understanding Real Estate Terminology
Purchasing a home can be a complicated and confusing process, especially for first-time buyers. Throughout the process, first-time home buyers will encounter a variety of unfamiliar real state terms.
Why Commercial Real Estate is the Hottest Retirement Asset
For small business owners, commercial real estate investment is the hottest new retirement asset. If your mind has already jumped to "REITs" - or shares in Real Estate Investment Trusts - think again.
Best Time to Buy? Best Time to Sell?
When is the best time to buy? When is the best time to sell? I get asked these questions constantly everywhere I go. In short, the answer is that it depends on your individual circumstances.
Stay Motivated With REI Till The Deal Comes
I know many investors step into the game of real estate investing with high hopes of landing the deal that will turn their financial situation around and yes some do and this is not for you - this is for the investors still looking for that first deal!The best way starting out in this business, staying motivated and sticking to real estate investing has to do with one big factor!Keep your JOB - Yes you may be "Just Over Broke" but real estate investing comes with no guarantees of doing a deal in 30, 90, or 120 days as a matter of fact deals come and they go. real estate investing has its good times and it's bad times!You need a source of income and without it the likely hood of failure will soon follow!Having a stable income is the number one goal to having financial well being and your mental and emotional well being also.
How To Find a Real Estate Agent
You may be of the opinion that you don't need a real estate agent and that using one will add to the cost of buying your new home.The fact is that a real estate agent's fees are typically paid by the seller of the home.
Protective Covenants - Buying A Home
In addition to zoning, some properties have covenants recorded at the courthouse that "run with the land." These "protective covenants" can put a serious pinch in your plans for a piece of property.
|home | site map|