|Real Estate Information|
Ten Tips For Selling Your House
One of the biggest mistakes people make when selling a house, is not understanding real estate value. It doesn't matter at all what you think your home is worth. The value of your home, and any improvements you made, is determined by buyers. What you enjoyed about your house is irrelevant when it's time to sell it. Think in terms of what other people want, and use some of the following tips.
House Selling Tips
1. Know your market. Find out what other similar houses have sold for, and have those examples ready to show potential buyers.
2. Decide on your minimum price - the price below which you will just not move. Don't tell your agent what this minimum is, but work with any buyers who make an offer above it.
3. Clean the most visible things first. Buy a new mailbox, perhaps. If buyers fall in love with the house before they even enter it, they'll forgive a lot of problems.
4. Clean up the neighborhood. If there's a neighbor who's yard is a mess, give their kids $10 to pick up the yard. Spend another $20 to put flowers in any common-areas, and buyers will have a better first impression of the neighborhood.
5. If you or your agent aren't getting many calls, find out why. Is more advertising necessary, or is the price too high? Drop it fast, if price is the problem.
6. Listen to comments of prospects. They will be more objective than you. If you hear several times that the kitchen is dark, get out the white paint.
7. Find out what the average sales time is in your area. If your house is taking longer than average to sell, there is a problem. Usually it's price.
8. Be sure to ask your real estate agent what they plan to do - before you sign a listing agreement. Write down what he says, and hold him to his promises.
9. If there are any known problems, such as an old roof, get an estimate for repairs. The sellers may want a $7,000 allowance for a new roof - until you show them your $4,000 estimate.
10. Do any improvements that can realisically get you at least a two-to-one return on investment. If $300 to seal the driveway is likely to add $600 to the sales price of the home, do it. Consider first those things that are most visible.
There are dozens of things you can do to sell your house faster, and get a better price. If you don't have time to do them all, start with the ones that will get the most "bang for your buck."
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
How To Build A Million Pound Property Portfolio
Looking to quickly build a million pound property portfolio? You could try a high risk and speculative technique that has been used over recent years by investors hoping to make big profits from property.The technique relies on re-mortgaging and negotiating good discounts on off-plan property to take a £50,000 deposit and turn it into a million pound property portfolio within a couple of years or less.
Boom or Bust
For those looking to invest in the real estate market?keep your eyes on the headlines. According to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
Location, Location, Location
Location, location, location - known as the 3 most important factors when buying a property, and it is easy to see why. The location of your property dictates how much yield you get, and how much capital growth, which ultimately decides how well you do.
Questions To Ask The Landlord Before Renting His Apartment
Apartment hunting is not the easiest thing around. You may find places not suited to your tastes or those which do are not to your budget.
For Sale By Owner: The Inside Scoop On Selling Your Own Home
If you're thinking about selling your home perhaps the 'for sale by owner' signs posted on neighborhood lawns have intrigued you. When you browse the newspaper listings you see ad after ad boasting 'for sale by owner' as an added incentive for buyers and you envy the owners that are confident enough to try it.
Finding Structural Problems During Escrow - Upscale Home Example
When buying and selling homes, the property purchase is often subject to a satisfactory home inspection being done. Now and then, a home inspection uncovers severe structural problems.
Cutting Edge Real Estate: Is There Anything New? Part 1
The world of real estate has pretty much stayed the same for decades. It's no different today than it was 50 years ago.
Using Color Psychology to Sell Your Home
When painting your home for resale, choosing the right colors can make a huge difference in your paycheck at closing. For instance, did you know that the exterior color of houses selling most quickly is a certain shade of yellow, but that choosing the wrong shade of yellow can kill a sale?You'll find many brochures in paint stores, showing various combinations of exterior paint colors.
How Real Estate Investors Use Mortgage Note To Purchase Properties
Many of you may not be aware of the various ways notes can be used. The average person's understanding about notes is that people create them because they are desperate to sell a property.
The Real Estate Bubble Fallacy
There has been a lot of talk lately about the "Real Estate Bubble", and a lot of folks are asking the question: "When it is going to burst"?They are saying that the market just can't sustain this level of growth and appreciation much longer, and I heat them say that it is inevitable that it must come crashing down soon. People are worried.
Is 100% Annual Return On Investments Possible With Low Risk Land Investments?
In last week's article, we discussed how substantial profits could be made by investing where baby boomers may want to relocate or buy a second home. This seemed to confuse readers since they were thinking that our web site is about preconstruction and preconstruction to them means buying condos?? In this article, I hope to broaden your horizons considerably.
Home Inspectors: 5 Tips to Choosing the Right One
Choosing the wrong Home Inspector can cost you a lot more than the fee you paid. If you choose a home inspector solely on price alone, your headed down a dangerous highway.
Homes in Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill is located right in the middle of North Carolina, halfway between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. In 2000, the nearly 20 square mile city had a population of 48,715 people and it has substantially increased over the last five years.
Timing Clauses Stop Sellers From Inciting Bidding War
It is no secret that the current real estate market is hot, hot, hot. Sellers can receive multiple bids for their property on the same day.
Do You Have the Correct Home Buyer Mindset to be Buying a Home?
By learning what you need to know and preparing how to purchase a home ahead of time, you will be less likely to become so enamored with a particular property that you fall into the traps and the pitfalls that are so often the result of IDM, or Irrational Decision Making.Do not allow your emotions to come before sound and rational reasoning when making the decision to purchase a home.
Sell your Property Faster
Learn how to sell your property faster and at the best possible price. Selling your property quickly and at the highest price is the target for everyone looking to move.
Real Estate Investing - Protect Your Privacy
An irate tenant or disgruntled home-buyer, with the help of a willing attorney, can readily prompt a property search for a property owner in public records. The target of the search becomes someone who has deep-pockets as reflected in real estate assets.
Questions You Always Wanted To Ask A Master Builder But Never Had The Chance
Building a house (or lots of them) seems to be an area of knowledge that is kept secret (insiders only), with clients kept in the dark and fed on expensive "cow dung."A while ago I asked my US readers of my e-book, "Residential Development Made Easy" for questions they would like to ask a Master Builder.
Best Time to Buy? Best Time to Sell?
When is the best time to buy? When is the best time to sell? I get asked these questions constantly everywhere I go. In short, the answer is that it depends on your individual circumstances.
Fixer Uppers: Dont Make This Mistake
Making money with "fixer-uppers" isn't about repairing drywall or planting flowers. It's about using the right approach from the start.
|home | site map|