|Real Estate Information|
Real Estate Negotiation Secrets
When you bought your home, you offered less than you were willing to pay, right? That's the most common negotiation technique. For experienced investors, however, that's just one little secret among the many more powerful ones. What else can you do?
How To Make An Offer
1. Offer an odd amount, like $161,793. This gives the impression that you know something the seller doesn't. They may think you have a good reason for that particular price.
2. Play dumb. Ask questions, talk slow, ask for help, and never show off your real estate expertise. Sellers are afraid to budge if they think a smarter person may be taking advantage of them.
3. Use the "limited authority" ploy. Say "I'll have to check with my wife (or partner)." It's easier for sellers to accept that you can't do something, rather than the idea that you won't.
4. Refer to precedent. "My father bought his house this way." If the offer is at all unusual, sellers will feel more comfortable if they know it has been done that way before.
5. Ask for things you don't want. This lets the seller win concessions when negotiating. If you can say, "I guess I don't need the refrigerator, if I can get my price," you're more likely to get your price.
6. Be reluctant. "well, I don't know..." Reluctance gets the seller looking for ways to motivate you, and lets him feel like he's won something when you settle the point.
7. Make the offer their idea. "Are you saying you'd like a later closing, and more earnest money? Well let's do it your way, then. I just need..."
8. Get a yes before the offer. "What if I paid your price, but got my terms? Would that work for you?" Even with a few changes, it will be hard for the seller to say no to an offer he more or less already agreed to.
9. Flatter the seller. Flattery has been proven to be worth an average of $1962 in real estate negotiations. That's a joke, by the way, but you know if he likes you, you'll probably get a better deal.
10. Pass over problems, and return to them later. Agree on every agreeable point first. It will feel like the house is sold then, and it will be difficult for a seller to lose the deal over an issue or two that you need to go in your favor.
You can spend a lot of time looking for cheap houses. Why not spend a little time learning how to purchase every home for less, with some smart negotiation?
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit HousesUnderFiftyThousand.tk
Top 7 Reasons Why FSBOs Fail To Sell Their Home On Their Own!
In the United States, less than 10% of all For Sale by Owners (FSBOs), are successful in selling their home by themselves. That*s because most people just give up because they don*t realize from the beginning the difficulty and complexity of the job ahead.
The Letting Agents Role
Letting agents play an important role in the buy-to-let industry and a good agent can help make or break your lettings experience. So what should you expect from your letting agent?Professional reputationTo attract good tenants, the agent needs to be well established in the local area and have a good reputation.
Green Building Media Fact Sheet - Past, Present & Future
PastSpecialized, niche home builders began constructing resource-efficient, environmentally sensitive homes in the early 1970s. The home building industry coined the phrase "green building" in the late 1980s/early 1990s, turning a movement into a quiet revolution.
Real Estate Investing - The Motivated Seller
How the heck do you find a "motivated seller?"The motivated seller doesn't wear a tattoo on his forehead that announces the distinction. And he never drags you onto his property begging you to buy.
So, You Wanna Buy Pre-Foreclosures?
So you wanna buy pre-foreclosures? or at the courthouse steps? So many people ask us about this. Here's our '30 second seminar' on it.
Real Estate: The Consumers Will Have The Final Word!
"The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance".
Termite and Moisture Damage Not Reported
I have done so many appraisals where I saw obvious damage that was not reported by the other inspectors. The first couple of times I thought it was just carelessness.
Apartment Loan 101
So you're interested in going into business as a property manager? Have you given any thought yet to you'll enter this potentially profitable market? Reality check-unless you've just inherited a large sum of money from a relative or are otherwise independently wealthy you're going to find someone to borrow from. This is where an apartment loan comes in.
The Person With The Most Money Wins!
More money can mean better:- Health Care - Relaxing Vacations and Adventures - Education for your children or yourself - Better home than you have nowBest of all it can reduce stress from not having to worry about money!Many of us have problems in life that additional cash will help solve the situation. Did you know that 80% of problems in life could be simply resolved with additional cash.
What are the Top 11.5 Criteria for Selecting an Orlando Investment Property
1. Make sure units are larger than 1800 square feet.
Property in Bulgaria - Huge Investment Potential
Bulgaria is a truly magnificent country, located in Eastern Europe with an amazing coastline that stretches over 340km along the Black Sea, with a backdrop of one of the world's most magnificent mountain ranges and the beautiful and historic capital city of Sofia.Today Bulgaria not only offers one of Europe's most attractive and unspoilt holiday destinations it is also host to what will be one of the most dynamic and as of yet relatively untapped property and real estate markets.
Probate & Obituary Marketing
I start my marketing with obituaries followed with probate filings and find it just another effective way to acquire property.Short of courthouse research you can go to your local library and go to the reference department and research using what is called a Polk City directory that will list if the deceased party owns real estate.
Kings Bay, Saint Marys and Kingsland Georgia Real Estate - Mortgage Lenders
When looking for a home, it is important to first get pre-qualified with a mortgage company before you search for a home. This is the first step in making buying a home a no-nonsense experience.
Good Faith Deposit - Real Estate Transactions
In a real estate transaction, a touchy issue is how much trust the seller has in a buyer. The existence of a good faith deposit helps put a seller at rest.
Home Equity - Don't Spend It on Risky Investments
The housing market has exploded in the last five years, and homeowners are finding that the equity in their homes is greater than it has ever been. The equity in a home is the difference between the market value of the home and the amount still owed on it.
How to Get Financing after Filing Bankruptcy
If you're thinking about buying a home but have declared bankruptcy in the past, don't give up hope. There are still ways for you to be able to find a loan, even if your credit history is less than sterling.
The Psyche of The Seller and The Tenant Buyer
For those of you who were not psychology majors the "psyche" is someone's mind. What motivates them.
First, lets start with what it is. Curb appeal is quite simply the rate of attractiveness your home projects to viewers from the street.
Planning for Real Estate with Estate Planning
One of the most important considerations you will need to make in regards to your real estate holdings and your estate includes tax planning. If not handled properly, your estate could end up getting hit with significant losses due to taxes after your demise.
Is It Wise to Take My Home Off the Market for the Holidays?
Let's say you've had your home on the market for many months without a sale. The holidays are drawing near.
|home | site map|