|Real Estate Information|
Finding a Great Listing Agent for Your Home: 8 Tips
If you've decided to list your home, you'll be paying a real estate agent a significant amount of money to the hard work of selling your home. Therefore, you have the right to expect prompt attention, good service, and protection. Here are eight tips for finding a good real estate agent:
1) For your protection, you want a knowledgeable real estate agent to act as a buffer between you and strangers, and to protect you from law suits that might result from your lack of knowledge concerning contract and real estate law.
2) You don't want your agent to be too busy, but you do want them to be relatively successful, because it shows that they list homes at the right price and succeed in getting those homes sold.
3) You want your agent to offer assurances that they'll show your home regularly, that they provide proper signage, MLS coverage, and will create a great sales flyer to hand out to prospective buyers and to other agents.
4) Don't lock yourself into long-term listings. Depending on the market, sixty days may be long enough to show what an agent can do for you. It also allows you to back out of your agreement if you're unhappy with your agent for any reason.
5) Make sure there are no hidden costs in your listing or sales contracts. For instance, some companies charge a "quick sale fee," sometimes as much as $1,000, if your home sells quickly. Make sure all of the real estate fees are explained, in detail, at the very beginning.
6) You can negotiate a lower commission, if that's important to you, which might be the case in a fast-moving market, where an agent might not need to do anything to sell your home other than placing a sign in your yard and listing it with the MLS.
7) Be wary if an agent tries to pressure you into agreeing to pay more than your fair share of closing costs, in order to entice buyers. The listing agent works for you, and their first concern should be to net you as much profit as possible.
8) Of course, you also want your agent to be personable. You may like them in person, but it's also worthwhile to call them at the office, to see how they sound on the phone. If they sound professional and friendly to you, they'll probably impress potential buyers that way, too. Make sure they have a cell phone, as well, to allow both you and potential buyers to get in touch with them quickly and easily.
Choosing a listing agent is important if you want to list your home for the right price and sell it in as short a time as possible. Do your homework, interview several agents, and choose wisely.
(c) Copyright 2004, Jeanette J. Fisher. All rights reserved.
Professor Jeanette Fisher, author of Doghouse to Dollhouse for Dollars, Joy to the Home, and other books teaches Real Estate Investing and Design Psychology. For more articles, tips, reports, newsletters, and sales flyer template, see doghousetodollhousefordollars.tk/pages/5/index.htm
The Real Estate Bubble Fallacy
There has been a lot of talk lately about the "Real Estate Bubble", and a lot of folks are asking the question: "When it is going to burst"?They are saying that the market just can't sustain this level of growth and appreciation much longer, and I heat them say that it is inevitable that it must come crashing down soon. People are worried.
Dont Sell Your House--Ever!
Keeping your existing house when you buy a new one could be THE most profitable financial decision you could make. Consider the following:1.
Selling Houses: Cutting Edge Design Tips for Selling
In this article, you're going to discover new techniques for marketing houses, and you'll find that these fresh, new interior design ideas will help sell your home faster, and for a higher price than the competition!Buyers' physical senses respond to a home's design, and what a buyer feels is based upon their psychological reactions to sight, hearing, smell, touch, and even taste. Design Psychology employs new strategies in interior design to entice buyers.
The Benefits of A Real Estate Agent 101
Buying and selling property is not as easy as you may think. There are many things that you have to consider when purchasing a home, or when putting a home up for sale.
Green Building Media Fact Sheet - Past, Present & Future
PastSpecialized, niche home builders began constructing resource-efficient, environmentally sensitive homes in the early 1970s. The home building industry coined the phrase "green building" in the late 1980s/early 1990s, turning a movement into a quiet revolution.
Yes But, How Do I Evaluate Buying Undeveloped Land And Get Into The Business?
These real questions on buying undeveloped land are answered by a US Master Builder and myself after receiving them from readers of my e-book, "Residential Development Made Easy."Question 1.
Dubai or not to Buy? A Short Assessment of the Dubai Property Market
Never has there been such an ambitious and creative drive to establish a property market as has been witnessed in Dubai over the past three years. Running short on oil reserves, Dubai's crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed Al Marktoum, set out to turn Dubai into the financial, commercial and tourism capital of the Middle East and in the space of three years he has more than succeeded.
Should You Buy Hud Homes?
Buy HUD homes are sometimes the cheapest option available for a common man to own a house. The fact that teachers and police officers could buy HUD homes at 50% off the market value attracts more potential buyers.
Seven Tips in Choosing Maui Income Properties
Aloha! If you are interested in choosing a Maui income property, then there are some details that you should know. You might be a bit intimidated by the whole process of buying a home.
Choosing a Residential Lot
Finding a lotPlanning for your new home is a very involved process. You might want to get right down to selecting a set of house plans but don't get into a hurry.
Selling Houses: Design Psychology Works!
I've taught the concepts of Design Psychology for many years, and I know how much it can empower a person, and allow them to create a fabulous home that sustains their emotions. Since it's based on science, I know that Design Psychology is effective at turning plain spaces into happy places.
Real Estate Investment - One Simple Formula
I saw the ads in our small-town newspaper for years before I realized exactly what was going on. They were always the same: A house for sale with 5% down and payments of 1% of the purchase price.
Will a 1031 Property Exchange Solve Your Problems?
If your problem is listed below, a 1031 exchange may or may not be your solution.1.
Real Estate Investing - Free Vacations While Searching for Real Estate Acquisitions
Real estate investing professionals look for all possible tax deductions because of the generous profits derived from real estate investing.For example, real estate investors are concerned whether the sale of their real estate is subject to capital gains taxation or qualifies as ordinary income.
Questions You Always Wanted To Ask A Master Builder But Never Had The Chance
Building a house (or lots of them) seems to be an area of knowledge that is kept secret (insiders only), with clients kept in the dark and fed on expensive "cow dung."A while ago I asked my US readers of my e-book, "Residential Development Made Easy" for questions they would like to ask a Master Builder.
Guide To Finding Maui Waterfront Property
Have you ever dreamed of living in a spectacular tropical paradise where you spend your days sitting on a beach watching the waves roll in? Where the air is clean, the climate always warm and your neighbors are always welcoming you with warm smiles and sincere hellos? The place you've always dreamed of is probably Maui. Whether you're looking for a waterfront vacation property, a new place to live and work or are considering options for retirement, purchasing a Maui waterfront property could be the answer to your tropical paradise dreams.
For Sale By Owner: The Inside Scoop On Selling Your Own Home
If you're thinking about selling your home perhaps the 'for sale by owner' signs posted on neighborhood lawns have intrigued you. When you browse the newspaper listings you see ad after ad boasting 'for sale by owner' as an added incentive for buyers and you envy the owners that are confident enough to try it.
The Irish Property Market - Expensive But Worth It?
Lying on the edge of Europe facing out to the Atlantic Ocean sits Ireland, one of Europe's smallest countries and often described as 'The Emerald Isle". A beautiful country characterised by vibrant, colourful cities and towns set amidst endless unspoilt green fields, Ireland is now officially the best place in the world to live.
Investing In Real Estate Investors
With the never-ending changes in our Real Estate Markets real estate professionals are starting to pay attention to the sound of new commission streams of income. Some realtors have either shied away or ran-away from such terms as "Cap Rate," & "Cash-on-Cash Returns.
What Is a CMA
"CMA" is an abbreviation real estate agents use for a Comparative Market Analysis. A CMA gives an estimated sale price for a property given current market conditions.
|home | site map|