|Real Estate Information|
Ten Steps for Becoming a Successful Real Estate Investor
The secret to success in real estate investment is finding bargain properties that you can "flip" quickly for a profit. Here are a few ideas for becoming a successful investor:
1) Obtain sound advice from investors who are already successful. Friends and realtors can refer you to folks who have proven investment track records.
2) Define your investment goals. Do you want to buy a home to live in, to fix and sell, or to hold for your future?
3) Read real estate investing books and articles, attend workshops and seminars, while AVOIDING out-of-date infomercials.
4) Choose a lender with great service, a good closing record, and fair costs, and get preapproved for financing.
5) Define your target locations, and become an expert. Study real estate newspaper sections, pick up sale flyers, and note sales prices in your target area.
6) Interview real estate agents and learn from them, but don't sign any agreements that will limit your search for bargain properties. You're looking for agents who know your target market thoroughly and will work hard to find properties for you.
7) Find a good escrow officer and use them for every transaction. They'll know your needs and will quickly learn how to expedite your transactions.
8) Study home remodeling techniques by reading design magazines and books. Learn the cost of materials, supplies, and building trades by visiting home improvement warehouses and talking with remodeling professionals.
9) Make many offers on properties, including bidding on HUD repos, asking for great terms and concessions from sellers. The more offers you make, the greater your chance of success.
10) Always have your transformation in mind. Have a plan for what will turn a doghouse into a dollhouse. It will speed turnaround time and save you money on mortgage payments.
Copyright. 2004. Jeanette Fisher. All Rights Reserved.
Professor Jeanette Fisher, author of Doghouse to Dollhouse for Dollars, Joy to the Home, and other books teaches Real Estate Investing and Design Psychology. For more articles, tips, reports, newsletters, and sales flyer template, see doghousetodollhousefordollars.tk/pages/5/index.htm
What Real Estate Lenders Look ForLenders control many programs -- some make use of over 200! Generally, lenders look for the following typical standards, with many exceptions:1. Absolutely no late mortgage payments 2.
Howard Stern is Hot in Real Estate
Howard Stern has over 20 property related files in Queens, 27 in Brooklyn and 1 in Manhattan. The files include mortgages, releases or satisfaction pieces, liens and powers of attorney.
Buying Houses: Types of Bargains to Find
To make a good profit in real estate, you must buy right. Check out all property types available to find the best transaction for your specific situation.
Realities of Real Estate Investing
If you are anything like me, you are always looking for a good way to work for yourself and make tons of money. Is this not the dream of millions of Americans? Of course it is, and I am willing to bet that you have considered getting into the real estate market at some point.
Farm Expired Listings For Big Commissions
Many real estate agents begin and sometimes sadly end their careers without a plan. And as the saying goes, failing to plan is as good as planning to fail.
Home Inspections or Home Warranty?
Homebuyers are a curious lot. They routinely ask thought-provoking questions.
Escrow Accounts - Are You Paying Too Much?
Money in escrow is "dead money". It doesn't earn interest for you and it doesn't reduce your mortgage interest payments.
The Sadness of Old Buildings
From the book No Smooshing!For years, I've carried on a not-so-friendly debate with some of my artist friends from the West Coast about their ideas of what constitutes a good subject. We seem to be able to agree on certain things, like apples and oranges-and even certain landscapes.
Chapter One FSBO the Russ Miles thriller/mystery novel
Chapter OneShe reached the phone on its second ring. "This is Tami!" She confidently answered.
A Beginners Guide to Flipping Houses
If you're dreaming of making money in real estate, it's time to stop dreaming and get to work, because making money in real estate isn't just a vague pipedream. It can be done, even by a young and inexperienced person, when you learn how to "flip" houses.
Buying Houses at Discount Prices
Buying a house is the best way you can create immediate equity. Gaining equity through buying a house is something which is very easy to do, as long as you follow these guidelines.
Housing Froth Creating Imbalance for Consumers and Investors
Home buyers and sellers should think twice before jumping into over-heated real estate markets. Fed chief Alan Greenspan feels the housing boom is economically imbalanced or uneven.
Decorating to Sell a House by Meeting Three Key Needs
Specific marketing campaigns are no longer just for automobiles and designer clothes. Targeted marketing techniques are now applied to houses that are for sale.
Property Investing Secrets 9
Property Investing: Here Are Two Important Tactics You Must Do When Buying Real Estate Off The InternetYou can purchase property off the internet. The off line fundamentals of property investing apply on line.
The Real Estate Cycle
The real estate cycle, like the business cycle, refers to the activity of the real estate market as it reacts to the forces of supply and demand.Supply and demand.
Real Estate Investing Deals That SkyRocket Your Net Worth 10-Fold
Consider these parameters for a real estate deal:Property Value: $250,000 Purchase Price: $160,000 Repairs: $2,500If you analyze the numbers, you see that the equity available in this deal is $87,500 (Property Value minus Purchase Price minus Repairs).So here's a hypothetical question for you: Assuming that the information above is accurate, and the property is located in an area that you view as acceptable and/or favorable, then:If I offered to give you this deal in exchange for $10,000 in cash, would you do it?Remember - this is hypothetical.
Make Money As A Slumlord
Be a slumlord? Okay, I got your attention, now the truth. I really don't recommend that anyone endanger their renters with unsafe housing.
Notify Them When Youre Moving
One of your first steps, when you're getting ready to move, is to pick up a stack of change-of-address cards from the post office. Yes, old-fashioned go-by-snail post cards! You'll want to notify everyone in your address book and also.
5 Rock-Solid Real Estate Investment Strategies
Investing in real estate is more complex than simply buying and selling homes. To help new real estate investors to decide which strategy might work for them I put together 5 rock-solid strategies.
FSBO: For Sale By Owners Chapter One
She reached the phone on its second ring. "This is Tami!" She confidently answered.
|home | site map|