|Real Estate Information|
You Have 15 Seconds to Sell Your Home! 11 Steps You Can Take to Sell Your Home for Top Dollar
Selling your home? Here are some suggestions to help you sell yours for more than your next door neighbor's, and faster! Most buyers will know within 15 SECONDS after crossing the threshold if they want your home. But first, you need to attract them inside!
11 steps to take to sell your home for top dollar
1. Start at the street. The buyer's first glimpse of your home must entice them inside. Design Psychology goes further than mere curb appeal. Here are some easy additions you can make to help your home outshine the competition:
Add a couple of BIG plants, either in hanging baskets or pots, to the porch, which will lead buyers' eyes to the entrance.
The first color our eyes process is yellow, so place yellow flowers near the front door.
Plant white flowering annuals, since they look clean and show up better at night.
2. Get rid of brown or dead leaves and bare spots in the yard. Add mulch to cover bare dirt near the house. Bright flowers hold the eye and "fill" empty areas, but you don't need to add plants to every space. Just make sure that everything looks neat.
3. Paint your front door a happy color. Yellow-gold (amber), red (blue-based), sage, apple, or forest green, depending on the other colors of your home, will attract the eye and create happy feelings. Buyers won't notice the Color Psychology you're employing, but they'll love the result.
4. Once buyers step inside the front door, they usually make their minds up within 15 SECONDS, so first impressions are vitally important. Focus your attention on the first wall buyers will see, and then hang a mirror on that wall large enough to reflect the buyer's image. It will psychologically reinforce the buyer's presence in the home when they see themselves in the mirror, causing them to imagine living in your home.
5. Go beyond just clearing clutter, and remove furnishings that don't add to the setting. Also clear bathroom and kitchen countertops. Under-furnished homes let the buyer's imagination fill rooms with their own belongings. Once they visualize their favorite chair in a particular spot, you have a sale.
6. Pack away your personal photographs, trophies, diplomas, and small accessories and stack them neatly in the garage or a separate storage space. That will also protect you from having strangers view your personal life.
7. If your home looks too bare, replace your personal treasures with house plants or cuttings from the garden. Be creative.
Use tree branches and fresh flowers to bring nature indoors.
Fill vases and glass jars with fresh cuttings and set them in baskets.
Add green house plants in winter, spring, and fall.
During hot selling seasons, use green, silver and gray foliage to help keep your home visually cool.
8. Lighting affects emotions and is a crucial design element for happiness, so turn on the lights when showing your home. Day-like light bulbs enhance happiness. Amber and pink light bulbs warm, while blue light cools.
9. Air the house out. You get used to odors, but buyers shouldn't smell anything other than natural pleasing scents like wood burning in the fireplace or fresh lemon in the summer. Cut up a grapefruit and run sections through the garbage disposal. It's both refreshing and clean smelling.
10. Buyers like temperatures around 70 degrees in the winter and 67 degrees in the summer, so turn up the thermostat in the winter and turn it down in the summer.
11. Park your car out of the way and encourage buyers to park in a space where their car won't block the view.
Remember, you've only got 15 seconds to sell your home, but by using Design Psychology techniques, you can convert lookers into buyers and get top dollar for your home.
(c) Copyright 2004, Jeanette J. Fisher. All rights reserved.
Professor Jeanette Fisher, author of Doghouse to Dollhouse for Dollars, Joy to the Home, and other books teaches Real Estate Investing and Design Psychology. For more articles, tips, reports, newsletters, and sales flyer template, see doghousetodollhousefordollars.tk/pages/5/index.htm
Advantages to Buying or Owning a Condominium
Condos have become an increasingly attractive home ownership option for singles, young couples, families and retired couples (that's just about everybody!). A condo is a viable option for anyone who wants to own a home without the worry of repairs, maintenance and dreaded chores like snow shoveling.
Real Estate Investing Myths That Steal Profits From Your Pocket
One of the things that distresses us about our industry is the amount of wrong or incomplete information available to investors. Some myths block what otherwise would be a great deal, while others would have you believe that a bad deal is actually great.
Empty Nesters Flock To Inner City
Babyboomers whose children have left home, commonly known as "empty-nesters" are buying inner city apartments in record numbers.Director of Acton Special Projects, Marc Drexel says the trend is towards quality rather than mass developments.
FSBO: For Sale By Owners Chapter IV [part 1]
Like a monarch, Red Haring reigned in the deep leather seat of his KenWorth cab-with its king-size sleeper. The 400 horsepower Caterpillar diesel engine droned apathetically as Red downshifted for the parking lot to his favorite Boise, Idaho roadside diner.
Real Estate Value: Knowing yours is Key to Mortgage Success
The value of the real estate you own, whether it is your personal residence or an investment property, is critical to your mortgage and financial success. If the balance on your mortgage is close to or higher than the value of your property, your real estate is not the financial machine it should be.
Real Estate Bubble Adding Price and Risk to Location, Location, Location Mantra
Real estate investors familiar mantra location, location, location are nervously replacing the second and third locations with price and risk. As home prices rise to new levels daily and worries that some markets homebuyers are jumping into might start to loose air, their appetite for risk is creating some sleepless nights.
Why Mobile Homes?
There are mobile homes for sale, for much less than stick-built houses, in most areas of the country. Despite persistent predjudice against them, and sometimes the people living in them, mobile homes are the cheap housing choice of millions.
Sell Your California Home For Top Dollar
HOW TO SELL YOUR HOME FOR TOP DOLLAR1. Make your home look like a model - even if it isn't.
Do You Have the Correct Home Buyer Mindset to be Buying a Home?
By learning what you need to know and preparing how to purchase a home ahead of time, you will be less likely to become so enamored with a particular property that you fall into the traps and the pitfalls that are so often the result of IDM, or Irrational Decision Making.Do not allow your emotions to come before sound and rational reasoning when making the decision to purchase a home.
How to Sell Your House For Full Price
Many people believe that a real estate broker is needed to sell their house. So they post it with a broker who may or may not sell it and if they do charge exorbitant fees.
Juggling The Day With A Deal
Doing deals with sellers is why you went into lease purchasing. Again, using organization and time management is very important here.
Walnut Creek Real Estate
Looking to relocate to a Californian suburb with a low crime rate, beautiful luxury homes and the convenience of being located just minutes from Oakland and San Francisco? Look no further than Walnut Creek. This city of just over 65,000 people is staying relatively stable in population, but new luxury homes are being constructed in this northern suburb all the time, and there are countless options.
How Much Should I Pay For This House?
We probably answer this question for someone a couple times every week. The problem is that they don't have a good formula for determining the most they can pay and still make a profit - so they're scared to make any offer.
The Real Estate Market In Spain: Making Profits Out Of Sand
The Real estate market in Spain keeps gaining momentum and is of a vital interest among overseas investors. Property prices in the country continue growing at rapid pace due to a sustainable development in many areas of the mainland and the islands.
Secrets of Making Money from Real Estate - Part 4
Analyzing and finding the right property deals:Firstly read my other article on how to Buy the property at a discount, this will cover the basics on how to buy property at a lower than market value price. This is very important because It can completely change the aspects and financing the deal.
How to Find the Sweet Spot in Real Estate Investing
Psssssssssst, Want to know a great way to make FAST money in real estate? Listen closely now because this tip is definitely cashable..
San Diego Home Evaluation
The Southern California city of San Diego has all the attractions of a big city with the tropical feel of the coast. Covering nearly 350 square miles with over 1.
Four Reasons To Offer Seller Financing
An example of seller financing: Years ago I bought a rental property, and nine months later sold it for 15% more, without fixing or improving a thing. The easy terms are what sold it.
Investment Real Estate Made Easy - Make the Most from Each Investment Dollar
When it comes to buying investment real estate, there are many schools of thought on how to get the most out of your money. Some say lease optioning your houses is the best and safest way to go.
Property in Northern Spain
If you're looking for the 'real' Spain where the culture, customs and the traditional Spanish lifestyle have been preserved - a Spain long ago lost and forgotten along the Costa del Sol - consider Northern Spain.Northern Spain has always been a popular holiday destination for southern Spanish tourists, but until relatively recently it was largely unexplored and undiscovered by foreign tourists and those expatriates seeking a new home overseas.
|home | site map|