|Real Estate Information|
How To Sell A Home That Didnt Sell
If your home has just come off the market and hasn't sold, don't be discouraged. The reason it didn't sell may have nothing to do with your home. Your home may have been one of the more desirable properties for sale. If your listing has expired and you still wish to sell, take a moment to review your situation.
Selling your home can be very inconvenient, but make the commitment to do what it takes to get your home sold the next time. With the right agent and your cooperation, your home will sell.
Why didn't your home sell? Honestly assess your listing history. Your home probably did not sell for one of the four most common reasons:
1. Availability - Is your home easy to show? Your home must be easily accessible, if you don't have a lock box, consider installing one. Be flexible, and allow showing times that are convenient to buyers and their agents. Do not follow the buyer and their agent around the house; go for a walk, or at the very least, step outside. The showing agent is compensated only after they sell your home - they are motivated to get paid. Buyers need the freedom to voice objections and only then, can their agent solve the issues raised. Allow the buyer and their agent the "freedom" to discuss your home, without worrying about hurting your feelings.
2. Make a good first impression - Make the Buyer fall in love with your home. Typically a buyer's decision to purchase a home is based on emotion, not logic. A house in move-in condition invites a sale. Consider: fixing all the readily apparent defects that a buyer will discover during their first ten to fifteen-minute walk thru. Keep it clean for all showings, declutter, brighten up (open the curtains, turn on the lights). Enhance the curb appeal. Most buyers make up their mind in 2 minutes whether or not they like a home. Discuss with your agent about taking care of other repairs and improvements such as paint, flooring, etc. Because a buyer envisions only their inflated idea of the cost of the improvement, offering an allowance to your prospective buyers, is not always as desired as having the work completed. A house that makes a good first impression, sells for the best price because it outshines the competition.
3. Pricing -The proper price depends on current market conditions, competition, location and the condition of your home. If your home doesn't compare favorably with others in the same price range, buyers and their agents won't give your home serious consideration. Ask your Realtor to provide you with a current market analysis (a summary of comparable homes: recently sold, for sale, in escrow and expired).
4. Marketing -The first step in your marketing plan involves finding an agent who will best represent you. When interviewing agents, ask each to demonstrate how they marketed other similar homes and discuss a specific marketing plan tailored to your home. Compare, too, how much money each spends on marketing? Ask them how they advertise (newspaper, internet, call capture hotline, etc.). Your Listing Agent, not only needs to spend money, but also must spend it effectively. Not all agents are "created equal". To sell your home for top dollar in any market, you must have an agent who uses an innovative marketing approach. Eliminate any real estate agent using tired, traditional methods to sell your home because they don't work in today's market!
BUYERS ARE OUT THERE ...AND WITH THE RIGHT AGENT, THEY WILL COME IN DROVES. Before You Put Your Home Back on the Market, remember:
1. Honest communication is vital between you and your agent.
2. Price your home according to market conditions, competition and the condition of your house.
3. Be sure your house is in show condition, some agents, offer assistance in staging your home for sale.
4. Have an innovative marketing plan firmly set in place.
Phyllis Harb, a California native is a Realtor/Marketing Specialist at RE/Max Tri City in La Canada, California. RE/MAX Tri-City offers additional offices in La Crescenta, Glendale, Los Feliz and Pasadena. Harb has been assisting Los Angeles County home sellers and buyers since 1989 and additionally offers over 10 years experience in real estate lending. Harb has an award winning web site @ RealtorHarb.tk & may also be contacted at 818 790-7325.
Housing Froth Creating Imbalance for Consumers and Investors
Home buyers and sellers should think twice before jumping into over-heated real estate markets. Fed chief Alan Greenspan feels the housing boom is economically imbalanced or uneven.
Do You Speak Real Estate?
Anyone interested in real estate should be able to talk the talk. Here is a list of common phrases and words with a short explanation.
Buying New Construction...How Do I Begin?
The prospect of shopping for a new construction residence can be quite daunting, but the rewards of owning a brand new home out-weight the disadvantages if you know the potential pitfalls. The following are important considerations: Overall Dollar Budget, Location, Cost Per Square Foot, Finishes, Upgrades, Parking and Delivery Date.
Home Buying: Things To Keep In Mind
So you've decided you want to own a home and now you want to begin your search for one. Before jumping into a home search, there are a few things you should keep in mind when going about buying a home.
Protective Covenants - Buying A Home
In addition to zoning, some properties have covenants recorded at the courthouse that "run with the land." These "protective covenants" can put a serious pinch in your plans for a piece of property.
Reprint Rights and How To Use Them To Generate A Steady Income
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to have a step by step guide for sellers and tenant buyers. However, many of you are missing out on other income streams that these step by step guides can generate.
Real Estate Investors: How to Get a Powerful Marketing Education for Free
I am a total geek.A few weeks ago, late at night, I wasn't in the mood to go to bed yet so I turned on the TV.
Afford A Dream Home In Belize
Shopping for property in Belize is not as simple an undertaking as you might initially expect!Firstly, real estate agents as we know them are non existent! Real estate brokers that do exist are likely to be unlicensed, unregulated and certainly not trained or insured.Secondly, the majority (and I mean the majority) of property for sale is not advertised!But with property prices remaining affordable, the quality of property available attractive, the climate beautiful, the people welcoming, the quality of life incredible and the opportunities in Belize plentiful, more and more people need to know HOW they can go about procuring themselves their dream home in Belize.
Where is Florida Investment Property
Florida Investment Property - Why Investing is a Wise Decision There are many reasons to purchase investment property in Florida, the foremost being value appreciation. Property values generally rise while debt decreases; making real estate purchases a good investment.
How to Show & Sell Your California Home
Seller's Showing Instructions1. When the agent arrives with the potential buyers, have the window coverings open to let in as much sunlight as possible.
Escalation Clauses - A Home Buyers Secret Weapon
Today we discuss escalation clauses because much of the country is experiencing an extreme "sellers' market." By that, I mean there are more buyers than there are sellers, and that results in sellers' getting more than one offer to buy their property.
Fixtures, related to real estate, are items that were originally personal property but are now attached to the property itself. This becomes the toughest issue when tenants attach fixtures to a property.
How to Achieve Financial Freedom with Your Home
The secret disclosed on how you too could achieve financial freedom through property (and tell the pension companies just where to stick their measly, worthless 'pensions') Geoff Morris is a self-made property millionaire who made it in less than 18 months even with a hectic 'day job'. He has written a series of articles to help people like you achieve the same levels of success - as long as you are willing to 'Go For It!'Many people these days are getting more and more concerned as they approach retirement age.
Walnut Creek Real Estate
Looking to relocate to a Californian suburb with a low crime rate, beautiful luxury homes and the convenience of being located just minutes from Oakland and San Francisco? Look no further than Walnut Creek. This city of just over 65,000 people is staying relatively stable in population, but new luxury homes are being constructed in this northern suburb all the time, and there are countless options.
Buyers Closing Cost
Buyers, borrower, closing costs can be divided into two categories. Nonrecurring closing cost and recurring closing cost.
Make Your House Earn Its Keep
Did you realise that there is a lot you can do get an income from what is probably your most valuable asset? Not only is your property a great (long-term) investment, your home could also bring you an income while you are still living in it. Here are some ideas to make your property really earn its keep.
How To Get The Best Rental Accommodation In The Area By Using Your Capital
My report is for you to use your power to negotiate, not only a reduced weekly cost of accommodation, but also to get the best accommodation available in the area in which you wish to live.Hello Colm Dillon here .
Panama is Hot - A World Class Retirement Haven Thats Ripe For Profitable Real Estate Investment
If you've followed any of the major survey agencies around the world that rate places for retirement, Panama has been on top of the list in many, and for a few years running. So, if you're looking for a place outside U.
Stay Motivated With REI Till The Deal Comes
I know many investors step into the game of real estate investing with high hopes of landing the deal that will turn their financial situation around and yes some do and this is not for you - this is for the investors still looking for that first deal!The best way starting out in this business, staying motivated and sticking to real estate investing has to do with one big factor!Keep your JOB - Yes you may be "Just Over Broke" but real estate investing comes with no guarantees of doing a deal in 30, 90, or 120 days as a matter of fact deals come and they go. real estate investing has its good times and it's bad times!You need a source of income and without it the likely hood of failure will soon follow!Having a stable income is the number one goal to having financial well being and your mental and emotional well being also.
Finding A Capable Agent To Meet Your Real Estate Needs
Whether you're a first-time buyer, selling your current home or relocating to a different part of the country, the support of a qualified, knowledgeable real estate agent can alleviate many of your concerns and ensure a smooth transaction. A professional agent can market your present residence, help you locate the home of your dreams and assist in making your transfer to an unfamiliar area easier.
|home | site map|