|Real Estate Information|
Seller Objections To Lease Purchase
A large percentage of the mail we receive are from people that complain that sellers don't want to do a lease purchase, they just want to sell their house. Or sellers come up with too many objections. My questions to those individuals are:
1. How soon after a property is listed are you calling? If you are calling only 2-4 weeks after a house is listed, sellers are not as interested. They still believe they will sell their home.
2. Are you following up on those sellers who say they are not interested now? While right now they may not be interested in lease purchasing their home, they might be six months down the road. Remember you are not in this business for the short term, but the long term. So be sure to follow up with every call you make. Your follow up can take the form of a call or correspondence. Personally, I like to send a letter. It allows me to send a business card and tell that person again how I can help them with my program.
3. Are you building a rapport with the seller? If you are just calling and asking if a seller wants to do a lease purchase or not, you are NOT building rapport. You are also not getting any information on that home at all. You also can't do any follow up even if you wanted to. This is why you need a telephone script. A good telephone script allows you to build a rapport with the seller. It also gets all the information I need to decide if I even want to do a lease purchase on this property. I do not waste my time going to look at property, or setting up a meeting without having all the information about a property (physical, pricing and financial).
4. Are you telling the seller the advantages of lease purchasing their property? That they will get their asking price or even higher. That you have a large pool of tenant buyers that you can have drive by immediately. That these tenant buyers want to purchase their own home, not just rent. That you can get them a higher monthly payment. That you can get them get positive cash flow each month. That they will also receive non-refundable option consideration. That the tenant buyer will do all minor maintenance. That it is still their property until the tenant buyer exercises the option. That there are no Realtor commissions, closing costs, etc.
5. Are they objecting to lease purchasing because they think they are getting a renter? It is YOUR job to explain the difference to them between a renter and a tenant buyer. Renters give a security deposit that owners must pay back, put in a separate account (in most states). Renters don't care about the property, it is just another house, townhouse, condo to them. If something breaks or goes wrong, it's the owners problem not theirs, and they won't pay their rent until the owner fixes it.
Tenant buyers are giving them non-refundable option money (a down payment). Tenant buyers are receiving a rent credit each month based on their payment record. Tenant buyers are responsible for minor maintenance. Tenant buyers want to be able to have their rent credit and option money applied to the purchase price of this home. They don't want to lose out. They want this home to become theirs. They are going to take care of this property like it was their own. You can tell a seller that many tenant buyers make improvements ( with their permission, of course).
So be sure you explain to the seller the difference between a renter and a tenant buyer.
And remember, there are going to be some sellers who just want to sell their home. Tell them you wish them the best, that you are here for them if it doesn't work out, and go on to the next seller you can help. There are a ton of them out there, you just have to make the calls ( and I don't mean only 10 to 20 calls)!
If you need help with the above contact us at:
Tax Assessment/Appraisal: How Do I Know What My Home is Worth?
If you are in the home buying or selling market, it's important to understand the difference between tax assessment and appraisal value. Concentrate on the appraisal value because this determines your asking price.
How Can Real Estate Investors Profit From The Internet?
The Internet is a powerful marketing tool, but just how can a real estate investor make the best use of Web pages?We've spent some time experimenting with Web sites and we've found a couple of ways that they can be useful.First.
First-time Home Buyers - 100% Home Loans
There is an increasing trend in South Africa that is seeing youths entering property market at a much earlier age. These youths are mostly first-time home buyers, applying for their first home loan, who have been renting for a short while and feel the need to invest in a property of their own.
Purchasing International Real Estate
Interested in investing somewhere other than your back yard?Management companies have made it as easy to have a revenue property across the world as it is to have it across the street. You don't want to be collecting rents and plunging the toilets no matter WHERE it is!Different laws in different countries means some research is definitely in order.
Is It Wise to Take My Home Off the Market for the Holidays?
Let's say you've had your home on the market for many months without a sale. The holidays are drawing near.
3 Mistakes to Absolutely Avoid in a 1031/TIC Exchange
We've all made bad decisions in the past. Don't you just hate to hear "I told you so" from your friends and family? Or, maybe you catch yourself saying "If only I'd have.
Selling Investment Houses: Props & Profits
New Marketing and Design Psychology ideas help you stage homes for sale to motivate buyers and generate top dollar. Instead of leaving investment houses vacant, my husband and I add a few props to increase our profits.
How To Sell A Home That Didnt Sell
If your home has just come off the market and hasn't sold, don't be discouraged. The reason it didn't sell may have nothing to do with your home.
3 Top Real Estate Investing Methods for Maximum Wealth
Real Estate investing can be used to gain wealth in three major ways -1. Long-term Real Estate investing is most often utilized using appreciation as a planning tool.
Regarding Real Estate On Leased Land
1.Why are there so many properties on leased land?There are several situations here.
Investing In Commercial Property
Investing in commercial property is well beyond the financial means of most people. Few can afford the large sums of money involved in buying commercial real estate.
Should You Sell Before the Housing Bubble Pops
For the past several years housing prices have risen dramatically. With interest rates continuously moving up, and more and more people being priced out of the market, all signs point to an imminent housing market correction.
Selling Your Own Home: 10 More Tips
Selling your own home can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. Sometimes, though, in the right market, it makes sense to save thousands of dollars in commission and do it yourself.
I Believe God Wants Me To Tell All In Real Estate
After years of experience in the real estate industry I felt that God wanted me to write about everything in real estate. There were young people that were not being protected by anyone, including buyer's agents.
Real Estate Investing Contracts on Toilet Paper
Even if your real estate contract has been written on toilet paper, it's valid.Content of your real estate investing contract is what's important.
Lease Purchasing Is The Perfect Home-Based Business
Some call it the 30 second commute. We call it wonderful.
FSBO: For Sale By Owners Chapter IV [part 1]
Like a monarch, Red Haring reigned in the deep leather seat of his KenWorth cab-with its king-size sleeper. The 400 horsepower Caterpillar diesel engine droned apathetically as Red downshifted for the parking lot to his favorite Boise, Idaho roadside diner.
The 5 Biggest Mistakes Made When Getting A Business Appraised
Most business owners will, at some point, want or need to know how much their business is worth. They will be faced with the task of finding someone to perform a business appraisal or valuation.
So, You Wanna Buy Pre-Foreclosures?
So you wanna buy pre-foreclosures? or at the courthouse steps? So many people ask us about this. Here's our '30 second seminar' on it.
Farm Expired Listings For Big Commissions
Many real estate agents begin and sometimes sadly end their careers without a plan. And as the saying goes, failing to plan is as good as planning to fail.
|home | site map|