|Real Estate Information|
How To Negotiate A Higher Price For Your House
Negotiation is where many FSBO home sellers really have problems. The wrong attitude or a slip of the tongue could cost you thousands. Here are a few pointers to keep you on the right path:
1. Show interest in selling the house. In an effort to project a sense of strength many people either take an aggressive "take it or leave it" attitude, or they appear to be overly relaxed, almost disinterested. It is better to have an open mind, stay calm, be helpful.
Carefully investigate and analyze the facts. Make an intelligent response to the buyer. Being helpful makes it easier for the buyer to relax and be more willing to see your point of view.
2. Listen carefully to what the buyer has to say. Try to learn about the buyer's needs, wants, desires, fears, frustrations and problems that need solving. This will give you the information you need to work with the buyer and close the deal.
3. Don't let your personal feelings get in the way of accepting a good offer. Don't get thrown off by the little eccentricities of people. You may not like the buyer, but that doesn't matter. A little patience on your part could make you thousands of dollars. After the sale of the house, you never have to see him again. Keep emotions and finances separate.
4. Use time to your advantage. If at all possible, try not to be squeezed for time. Find out if the buyer has to move in by a certain deadline. The closer the deadline, the more they will be willing to pay a little higher for a quick close.
5. Close using the mortgage payments rather than the price of the house. You would be surprised how little the monthly mortgage payment changes when the asking price changes by several thousand dollars. You can easily work out mortgage mortgage-rate-canada.tk/canadian-mortgage-calculators.html payments at: lators.html If you can find out income related information from the buyer, it will be easier to use this technique.
6. Stack the benefits in your favour. Try to include several factors that can be negotiated instead of just the price. For example, you can include blinds, furniture, tools or other items to enrich your offer. Try to trade-off some of the bonus items instead of reducing the price.
7. Create a win-win situation. If the buyer feels like they are getting the short end of the stick it will be difficult to close the deal. They have to feel like they are winning. Here's how Roger Dawson put it in his book, "The Secrets of Power Negotiating": "When you get the gold out of their teeth, that's not negotiating. That's stealing. When you get the gold out of their teeth and they thank you for it, that's negotiating."
If you follow these points you will certainly be on the right path to selling your house for a higher price. However, there are many tactics and strategies you can use or that the buyer will use on you. A little time spent on preparation can literally save you thousands.
You can learn more about how to negotiate for a higher price by handling the offer properly and other powerful strategies at: netman-ecommerce-guru.tk/home-selling-secrets
Going through this information will take you a couple of hours, but it is most profitable time you will ever spend.
About The Author
10 "No Money Down" Ways to Buy Real Estate
Turn the Television on any Sunday morning and you'll find yourself in the middle of a "how to buy real estate" infomercial. Can you really buy a house with no down payment? Can you really make thousands or millions of dollars buying real estate.
Perhaps you'd like to take advantage of today's great buyer's market in housing but feel a little intimidated by everything that's involved.You know the routine: finding the right locale and the right house; negotiating an agreement; putting together a down payment; and selecting the best mortgage available.
Home Inspection Checklist - Home Inspectors
Although architectural details, wall and floor coverings, modern conveniences and many other factors are important in the buying decision, the focus of this inspection is on the structural/mechanical/electrical condition of the property.The inspection is designed to give the real estate agent or prospective purchaser a system to detect some of the readily accessible major flaws or deficiencies in the significant components and systems of a home.
Selling Your Home Quickly, Even if You Have No Money For Repairs
Do you need to sell your home quickly? If so, don't be tempted by the ads you see that say "We Buy Houses" or "Sell Your Ugly House in 9 days for Cash." Those types of ads are placed by real estate investors who are looking for sellers under duress, and they'll only pay up to 70% of the low end market value for your home.
Choosing a Realtor
Purchasing a property, either as an investor or as a prospective homeowner can be one of the most exhilarating and frightening experiences of your life. In both situations it is imperative that you find just the right property at the right price.
Home Owner Association Restrictions - Read Before Buying
Many communities have associations for homeowners, property owners, condo owners, or similar associations. The presence of a homeowners association, also known as "HOA", introduces another layer of rules and regulations to consider when buying a home.
Selling Your Home - A FSBOs Guide to Keeping It Safe
Sellers need to keep their safety in mind when prospecting potential buyers. The real estate industry has seen a problematic climb in assaults towards realtors, and so is the concern for those who are selling their own homes.
The Professional Investors Plan
The art of using high-leveraged activities.Here I would like to make just a few suggestions that will hopefully save you from wasting years of hard effort only to learn in the end that had you invested using a better strategy, you would have realized more profit, happiness, satisfaction, control and free time as a result.
Essential Buyer's Guide for Overseas Real Estate
It's been said many a time that overseas real estate buyers leave their brain on the plane when they step out into the sun in their overseas destination of choice. They've already fallen in love with the country, its people, climate and lifestyle and they've come to snap up that dream home.
The UK has Gone Property TV Show Crazy!
The UK has gone property TV crazy. There are now shows about developing, buying, doing up and selling your home on every channel nearly every day.
Whats This about a Housing Bubble?
In his recent testimony, Alan Greenspan warned against the possiblity that we have seen home prices plateau. The bursting of the "bubble" could cause a big hit to the U.
How To Get The Best Rental Accommodation In The Area By Using Your Capital
My report is for you to use your power to negotiate, not only a reduced weekly cost of accommodation, but also to get the best accommodation available in the area in which you wish to live.Hello Colm Dillon here .
Greed Can Cost You Your Shirt!
The proper action when things are going well is to pay off debt and consolidate your position. Then you will be financially strong and can go for further expansion without fear of loosing what gains you already have.
Seven Tips in Choosing Maui Income Properties
Aloha! If you are interested in choosing a Maui income property, then there are some details that you should know. You might be a bit intimidated by the whole process of buying a home.
Buying Outer Banks (OBX) Investment Property
So, you're thinking of purchasing a rental property at the beach. Historically, real estate investments have proven to be a wise investment strategy.
Understanding the Escrow (Closing) Process
1. What is an escrow?Escrow is defined as a process where parties deposit instructions and funds with a "disinterested" third party until conditions of the instructions are met.
How To Find Your Dream Home In Belize
Shopping for property in Belize is not as simple an undertaking as you might initially expect!Firstly, estate agents as we know them are non existent! Real estate brokers that do exist are likely to be unlicensed, unregulated and certainly not trained or insured.Secondly, the majority (and I mean the majority) of property for sale is not advertised!But with property prices remaining affordable, the quality of property available attractive, the climate beautiful, the people welcoming, the quality of life incredible and the opportunities in Belize plentiful, more and more people need to know HOW they can go about procuring themselves their dream home in Belize.
Real Estate Investing with No Cash and No Credit
Lots of folks think it can't be done.How in the world can you buy a piece of real estate property without cash or credit? How is it possible to buy a $50,000 house or a $1 million dollar house if I don't have an abundance of cash or an excellent credit rating?Nothing stops a would-be investor cold in his tracks like "no cash or credit.
Guide To Finding Maui Waterfront Property
Have you ever dreamed of living in a spectacular tropical paradise where you spend your days sitting on a beach watching the waves roll in? Where the air is clean, the climate always warm and your neighbors are always welcoming you with warm smiles and sincere hellos? The place you've always dreamed of is probably Maui. Whether you're looking for a waterfront vacation property, a new place to live and work or are considering options for retirement, purchasing a Maui waterfront property could be the answer to your tropical paradise dreams.
Flipping Houses for Gold: Three Tips to Help You Find the Perfect Fixer
Many real estate investors enjoy "flipping houses," or buying and selling houses quickly for profit. Not all flips are fixers.
|home | site map|